Windows 10: Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt

Discus and support Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone. As a non english speaker, I'll try to be the more precise as I can. Sorry for the mistakes that I could leave ! I'm facing a really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yarkane, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Yarkane Win User

Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt

Hello everyone.

As a non english speaker, I'll try to be the more precise as I can. Sorry for the mistakes that I could leave !

I'm facing a really strange problem and I feel I tried everything I can without success.

I got an ACER computer on which I installed Windows 10 and OpenSUSE a linux distribution. This installation was a success, and worked well for weeks without any problem - excepting some disk check when booting Windows.

But recently, I encountered what I saw as called "Automatic Repair Loop" on the Internet : Windows does not manage to boot, it restarts the computer after one minute of white turning circles and then I see a screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" for a few seconds. Then, the screen goes black and... Nothing more happens. I let this "repair" run for 6 hours without any success too.

I can't access to the Troubleshoot menu : at the second hard reboot, I automatically enter in the Automatic Repair mode that I definitely can't avoid.

It is important to say that I'm currently using the exact same computer on OpenSUSE, so I don't think I'm facing a hardware problem here. I just can't boot on Windows.

I decided to create a Windows USB drive to repair/recover/reinstall Windows 10. I downloaded the Windows 10 iso, used WoeUSB to install it on a key, then configured my BIOS to boot on it.

I saw the white dots turning as in the initialization of Windows 10, but after some seconds, the screen goes black and nothing else happens.The installation usb drive does not work either, and I don't understand how it is possible.

So, I'm currently stuck on my 40 GB OpenSUSE distribution, and I definitely need to access to my windows folders and applications...

I don't remember any event that could have led to this situation. I think Windows has been up to date for a while.

Do you guys have any idea about a way to boot on this installation usb drive ? I would really, really appreciate some help.

Thanks for reading, I'm waiting for a possible answer, and I stay here for any more piece of information that could be useful.

:)

Yarkane, Jan 9, 2020

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop followed by black screen

Hi Aaron,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with "preparing automatic repair" loop followed by
    black screen error. We will certainly help you.

We have been seeing black screen issues of several types after upgrading to Windows 10. The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

Method 1: We suggest you to kindly follow the link below and try the steps and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Method 2: To Troubleshoot no boot situation, follow the below steps:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to download an ISO image of Windows 10 and try to create installation media using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Once the bootable media is created, follow next step:

Step 2: Perform Start up Repair.

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Start up Repair:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Advance Options”.

c. Then select “Start up Repair” from “Advanced options” window.

This will help you to boot into your Operating system again.

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 9, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt - Similar Threads - Automatic repair loop

2. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  3. Automatic Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Boot Loop: Hi there!I am experiencing essentially the same things that took place in this thread. I have so far tried doing the same things but am currently stuck being unable to boot from Windows 10 Installation Media via USB. I have tried multiple different USB sticks, creating the...
  4. Black screen after attempting automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen after attempting automatic repairs: I was playing a game this morning and it froze, and the task manager couldnt close it so I tried to reboot the pc but it got stuck so i ended up unplugging and plugging it back in. Then windows wouldnt boot so i went in to safe mode, In safe mode I realised that my hard...
  5. endless loop of Preparing Automatic Repair ... Attempting Repairs ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    endless loop of Preparing Automatic Repair ... Attempting Repairs ...: Thanks for the excellent review of "Refreshing" Win10. I've read through all of the posts in this thread hoping to find something that related to my own specific problem ... but no joy. Three days ago my laptop refused to boot up properly, opting instead to go into the...
  6. Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop and Automatic Repair Loop: i turned on my PC and it has the boot startup and the circle just keeps spinning so I kept restarting my pc then automatic repair showed up and did the same thing ive tried F8 but that doesn't work...
  7. Automatic Repair Boot Loop.

Automatic Repair Boot Loop.: I really don't want to reset my laptop fully and i will only do such a thing as a last resort, anyways this issue has been with me for a few months now and I really want to fix my laptop once and (maybe not) for all, so please i need a lot of help till this is fixed, i...
  8. Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen: I'm having some issues accessing the Advanced Start up menu, or Windows Recovery Enviroment. I can't get past the initial boot up an either restarts, or gets stuck on a black screen. So the other methods of getting to the Advanced menu, or Windows RE, besides the shutting...
  9. Automatic Boot repair loop

Automatic Boot repair loop: My laptop lenovo 315 ideapad is hung up in an Automatic Repair loop showing message for logFiles inside srtTrail.txt, possibly the reason is that I pressed the power button twice when booting. I have attempted all the solution options in below mentioned links - 1....
  10. BSOD after automatic repair loop or USB boot

BSOD after automatic repair loop or USB boot: Hi all, I have a pretty resistant BSOD problem. It started after the tablet (Dell Latitude 5175, running Windows 10 with auto updates) froze while hooked to a TV via microHDMI. I got a blue screen, with Windows collecting information - can't remember much more, as I...