Windows 10: Automatic repair loop - system registry file

Discus and support Automatic repair loop - system registry file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last night my computer randomly crashed and the screen literally had green glitches all over it. I switched my pc off and when I switched it back on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SarahDavies1, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Automatic repair loop - system registry file

Last night my computer randomly crashed and the screen literally had green glitches all over it. I switched my pc off and when I switched it back on it wouldn't post and load back up. After a few attempts it went to automatic repair but said it couldn't be fixed. I restarted a few times and each time it went to automatic repairs. So I went to the advanced options and started by trying to go to a previous version and recover from a backup, neither of these would work. After endless hours in cmd prompt trying various "fixes" Im not sure what to do next. I checked the log file using notepad.exe in cmd prompt and there didnt seem to be any clues in there. Then when I 've disabled automatic repair, it says that a registry file is missing/corrupted under system32/config/system. I've tried to replace this with a backup from RegBack but had no luck.

Automatic repair loop - system registry file [​IMG]

Automatic repair loop - system registry file [​IMG]

As a last resort I attempted to use my external drive to a fresh windows 10 install or repair. I used the media creation tool but it's not coming up with the usb when i switch it on. I cant even get into my bios. It will only load automatic repair and if I press F8/F11 on startup it just freezes and I cant do anything at all.

I'm really not sure what else to do since I don't have a windows 10 disc and my usb isn't working. Ive also attempted to plug in my brothers hdd which has windows 10 on it and it was attempting to recover my pc so I unplugged it. When I've unplugged my ssd and have no hdd plugged in then it boots straight to my asrock utilities which I presume is my bios. So I'm really not sure what the problem is and nothing is making sense.

:)

SarahDavies1, Nov 21, 2018

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 21, 2018
  3. larry Win User
    larry, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Automatic repair loop - system registry file

Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Automatic repair loop - system registry file

1. Automatic repair loop - system registry file - Similar Threads - Automatic repair loop

2. Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files: I’ve had problems with my cursor for a while and tried to do System Restore. After restoring my computer and shutting it down again though, it went on Automatic Repair Loop.I’ve tried all options in the Advanced options section + See more recovery options, and none of them...
  3. Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop Corrupted Files: I’ve had problems with my cursor for a while and tried to do System Restore. After restoring my computer and shutting it down again though, it went on Automatic Repair Loop.I’ve tried all options in the Advanced options section + See more recovery options, and none of them...
  4. BSOD errors, corrupt registry, and automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD errors, corrupt registry, and automatic repair loop: Hello,Recently I've been encountering a lot of BSOD errors, all with the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I can't pin down a specific trigger for it, and it happens even when my PC is under light load just browsing the internet, playing videos, etc.. It used to be...
  5. BSOD errors, corrupt registry, and automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD errors, corrupt registry, and automatic repair loop: Hello,Recently I've been encountering a lot of BSOD errors, all with the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I can't pin down a specific trigger for it, and it happens even when my PC is under light load just browsing the internet, playing videos, etc.. It used to be...
  6. BSOD errors, corrupt registry, and automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Automatic System Repair Loop, multiple errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic System Repair Loop, multiple errors: I recently purchased a new laptop and I installed Windows 10 OS. It worked perfectly fine for two days before sending me in a loop with the Windows Recovery Environment. This is what happened to me when I booted up my laptop yesterday:It started in self-diagnosis mode, and...
  8. Automatic System Repair Loop, multiple errors

Automatic System Repair Loop, multiple errors: I recently purchased a new laptop and I installed Windows 10 OS. It worked perfectly fine for two days before sending me in a loop with the Windows Recovery Environment. This is what happened to me when I booted up my laptop yesterday:It started in self-diagnosis mode, and...
  9. Fat File System Automatic Repair Loop (FIXED)

Fat File System Automatic Repair Loop (FIXED): So back in 2016, my parents bought me this nice HP laptop, pretty expensive but we got what we payed for luckily. Anyways, the computer only had around 200GB of memory, and at the time I was young (around 9) and I wasn't paying attention to the memory I was using up. So,...
  10. Automatic System Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic System Repair loop: Yesterday I selected "shutdown and update" option my PC. The next time I attempted to start my pc it began running the Automatic System Repair but it doesn't repair anything. I've tried system restore option from 6 different restore points, I've tried Reset PC option, I...