Windows 10: Automatic Repair Loop - "Your Computer Didn't Restart Correctly"

Discus and support Automatic Repair Loop - "Your Computer Didn't Restart Correctly" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Important note: I am using Windows in Chinese, so my translations may not be accurate. I shut down my computer yesterday as I was going to sleep. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Roniius, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Roniius Win User

Automatic Repair Loop - "Your Computer Didn't Restart Correctly"

Important note: I am using Windows in Chinese, so my translations may not be accurate.

I shut down my computer yesterday as I was going to sleep. I was going to allow it to update overnight, but I woke up to a Windows Automatic Repair loop. However, this one is different from the ones I could find on the Internet - instead of showing that Automatic Repair couldn't fix my computer, the message I got was something along the lines of "Your Computer didn't restart correctly." I was given the options of "Restart" and "Advanced Options." I clicked restart, but every time I did, it restarted back to Automatic Repair.

Here's what I did to attempt to fix this problem -

Uninstalling the latest update (my computer couldn't find the latest update)

Using bootrec.exe/rebuildbcd

bootrec.exe/fixmbr

bootrec.exe/fixboot (didn't work, was responded to with "access denied")

chkdsk

Turning off automatic repair (brought me to "Your computer needs to be repaired" and into another loop")

Clicking "repair my computer" (brought me to "Your computer couldn't be repaired", which is the common automatic repair loop that I saw on the Internet)

Continuing to Windows (brought me back)

:)

Roniius, Jun 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 automatic repair loop

I was working on my PC last week and received the notification that updates where available to install, along with a countdown of an automatic restart. So I shut down the computer.
    1-Restarting the computer resulted in a blue loading screen with the message: Attempting "Automatic Repair".
    2-The Windows 10 blue screen loaded with the following message: "“Your PC did not start correctly. Press “Restart to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press “Advanced options to try other options to repair your PC”".
    3-Restarting the PC resulted in steps 1-2 repeating.

I have seen other PC users complain about this automatic repair loop problem but no solutions. Anyone have one yet?

FYI: If I boot with a USB drive, I can access the files on the Win10 disk with the File Explorer.

Mayagrafix, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 2, 2019
  4. larry Win User

larry, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Automatic Repair Loop - "Your Computer Didn't Restart Correctly" - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Loop

2. Correcting An Endless "Automatic Repair" Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correcting An Endless "Automatic Repair" Loop: Hello again, Microsoft Community -- it's been quite a few years since my last Answers topic.I have an HP Pavilion laptop that recently fell prey to a Windows 10 operating system error that triggers an endless series of "Automatic Repair" reboots which don't resolve the...
  3. Correcting An Endless "Automatic Repair" Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correcting An Endless "Automatic Repair" Loop: Hello again, Microsoft Community -- it's been quite a few years since my last Answers topic.I have an HP Pavilion laptop that recently fell prey to a Windows 10 operating system error that triggers an endless series of "Automatic Repair" reboots which don't resolve the...
  4. Correcting An Endless "Automatic Repair" Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on windows automatic repair. "PC didn't start correctly"

Stuck on windows automatic repair. "PC didn't start correctly": So my laptop ran a disk fix, something happened and suddenly said undoing changes. It gets me to the start screen, I press space and it just shows me the blurry start screen, without the log in thing where you need to write your password.Then when I closed it and opened it...
  6. Computer Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: So I recently purchased a new M.2 SSD, the Samsung 970 EVO, and I tried installing it yesterday. I wanted to install it into the second M.2 slot on my motherboard, but for some reason the screw was stripped despite never touching it before. I ended up having to force it out...
  7. automatic repair couldn't repair your pc loop

automatic repair couldn't repair your pc loop: It all begin when i suddenly keep getting disconnected to my wireless network after 1h and 30min of internet access and when i go to device manager, under network adapters, i saw an exclamation mark beside my wireless network adapter, so i tried to uninstall that network...
  8. Automatic Repair "Your computer did not start correctly" BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair "Your computer did not start correctly" BSOD: Dear Friends: A PC I built had been working fine until suddenly the Automatic Repair BSOD appeared. I jumpered the CMOS reset pins, and though the motherboard acknowledged that the CMOS was reset, I still end up with the same BSOD. The PC started with an installation of...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly

Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly: Hello! I've ran into a bit of an issue, I can't seem to boot into windows. My system is uefi, windows x64 1903 build and I am stuck in automatic repair loop and can't even boot into safe mode, automatic repair starts immediately after trying to boot into safe mode. I...
  10. "Automatic repair could't repair your PC" loop

"Automatic repair could't repair your PC" loop: Hello, I was using my PC and windows 10 notified that an awaiting update or upgrade (I don't remember exactly), so reboot first to install the updates/upgrade. Then when rebooting, The system installed some stuff and it then restarted automatically but it was stuck on...