Windows 10: Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly

Discus and support Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I've ran into a bit of an issue, I can't seem to boot into windows. My system is uefi, windows x64 1903 build and I am stuck in automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blblr, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Blblr Win User

Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly

Hello! I've ran into a bit of an issue, I can't seem to boot into windows.

My system is uefi, windows x64 1903 build and I am stuck in automatic repair loop and can't even boot into safe mode, automatic repair starts immediately after trying to boot into safe mode.

I followed the steps from this thread: Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start, chkdsk found no errors, sfc /scannow reported no issues as well. However, I can't seem to use bootrec /fixboot, I get "access is denied" no matter what I do, /rebuildbcd and /scanos doesn't work, it detects 0 windows intalls, but when I rename v:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd to bcd.old and use /rebuildbcd, it detects my windows as D:\windows (even though my windows was installed using the c: letter), but after rebooting I am still getting preparing automatic repair message and /rebuildbcd no longer works.

Following further instructions on the previously mentioned thread, trying to backup registry, I noticed that my d:\windows\system32\config\regback folder is completely empty (however, files bbi, bcd-template, components, default, drivers, elam, sam, security, software, and system, are in the d:\windows\system32\config\ folder) missing default, sam, security, software, etc.

I am lost here, I have no idea what to try next, I even tried using "Reset this PC" via troubleshoot, but that too gave me an error: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." I even installed Kubuntu on a separate partition (now the default is windows boot manager), all my files are ok and seem to work, I just can't seem to boot into windows.

What could be my next steps? I don't want to lose all my files. Any help is appreciated!

:)

Blblr, Aug 8, 2019

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 8, 2019
  3. larry Win User
    larry, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly

Windows 10 automatic repair loop

I was working on my PC last week and received the notification that updates where available to install, along with a countdown of an automatic restart. So I shut down the computer.
    1-Restarting the computer resulted in a blue loading screen with the message: Attempting "Automatic Repair".
    2-The Windows 10 blue screen loaded with the following message: "“Your PC did not start correctly. Press “Restart to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press “Advanced options to try other options to repair your PC”".
    3-Restarting the PC resulted in steps 1-2 repeating.

I have seen other PC users complain about this automatic repair loop problem but no solutions. Anyone have one yet?

FYI: If I boot with a USB drive, I can access the files on the Win10 disk with the File Explorer.

Mayagrafix, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly

1. Automatic Repair Loop, Your PC did not start correctly - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Loop

2. Your pc did not start correctly loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your pc did not start correctly loop: Hello, I keep entering automatic repair every time i open my pc or click restart at repair or continue at automatic repair i keep entering in it i just want to enter windows normally pls help+ notesWhen i try the reset this pc optionI get"there was a problem resetting your...
  3. Automatic Repair / Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair / Your PC did not start correctly: I started my Sony Vaio Laptop earlier and since then, the repetitive Automatic Repair appears. Listed below are the options I tried that didn't solve the problem. Restarting the laptop Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files Advanced Options >...
  4. "Automatic Repair, Your PC did not start correctly" Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Automatic Repair, Your PC did not start correctly" Error: When I turned on my laptop, there was a prompt that says "something didn't load correctly," The only option was a button "ok" so I clicked it and I typed the password and got it. Then there was a notification that says I need to fix my Microsoft account so I typed my password...
  5. Automatic repair-Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair-Your PC did not start correctly: Hi I am facing Automatic Repair error When I go to Advance Options click on Startup Repair or System Restore or any options ,showing my account to login with password but when I enter correct password also showing incorrect. Please help...
  6. Automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly.: submitted by /u/timothy5597 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgk5pn/automatic_repair_your_pc_did_not_start_correctly/
  7. Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly: For the past 2 days my wife's laptop has been giving the "Your PC did not start correctly" error. Choosing "Restart" has always worked ... so far. The most obvious recent change: I upgraded the laptop from 1903 to 1909 last Friday, but there were at least 4 unproblematic...
  8. Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly

Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly: Hi - I was encouraged by the IT contact at my company to upgrade Windows. When I di, I would not allow me to restate my computer. We went through advanced option to try to reverse it, but I'm still unable to start my computer, so he suggested I chat with Microsoft. Can you...
  9. Your PC did not start correctly(Stuck in automatic repair)

Your PC did not start correctly(Stuck in automatic repair): Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I performed a regular chkdsk checkup during boot time, during the scan of disk in the night, I fell asleep hoping to get it done by morning and had did not plugged the power into my laptop. As a result, I think the battery ran out and scan & disk...
  10. Automatic Repair Your PC did not start correctly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Your PC did not start correctly?: My windows 10 laptop was working fine yesterday, turned it on today and it comes up with Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly. I don't know how to fix it and I think I've tried every option and tutorial under the sun as I don't want to lose my files? Any idea...