Windows 10: Automatic repair not appearing after reboot

Discus and support Automatic repair not appearing after reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a Dell laptop in March 2020 and it worked for 10 days. Then I got the message the stop code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO and ended up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gaelmansell, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Automatic repair not appearing after reboot

I bought a Dell laptop in March 2020 and it worked for 10 days. Then I got the message the stop code BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO and ended up in the automatic reboot mode.

I tried fixing it. I tried a system restore since there were no files on the laptop to speak of. This came up with an error message which I have not seen since.

However, I no longer get any other page/ message other than the BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. It no longer goes into the automatic repair. It remains on a perpetual reboot.

Hope you can help as I can't take it anywhere to get it sorted.

Thanks

:)

gaelmansell, Mar 19, 2020

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 19, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Automatic repair not appearing after reboot

Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Automatic repair not appearing after reboot

1. Automatic repair not appearing after reboot - Similar Threads - Automatic repair appearing

2. Automatic Repair after Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair after Factory Reset?: Windows 11: my laptop went into automatic repair and I tried everything to fix it that I found on another automatic repair thread. Nothing worked so I decided to do a factory reset as I had nothing important on there. After the reset and restarting my laptop its gone into...
  3. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair' Screen After Forced Reboot - Need Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair' Screen After Forced Reboot - Need Help!: Hello,I recently encountered a rather frustrating issue with my computer. While using Google Drive's desktop version, my computer froze, requiring me to force a reboot. Unfortunately, this happened twice in a row. After the second reboot, my computer got stuck on the...
  4. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair' Screen After Forced Reboot - Need Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair' Screen After Forced Reboot - Need Help!: Hello,I recently encountered a rather frustrating issue with my computer. While using Google Drive's desktop version, my computer froze, requiring me to force a reboot. Unfortunately, this happened twice in a row. After the second reboot, my computer got stuck on the...
  5. Stuck on 'Preparing Automatic Repair' Screen After Forced Reboot - Need Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. No response after "preparing automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No response after "preparing automatic repair": My system won't boot up.I tried several different fixes, none worked. If I try to get into safe mode, after the "preparing automatic repair" screen, where usually the blue screen should follow,I just get a blank black screen without anything on it.If I start up the PC, it...
  7. No response after "preparing automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No response after "preparing automatic repair": My system won't boot up.I tried several different fixes, none worked. If I try to get into safe mode, after the "preparing automatic repair" screen, where usually the blue screen should follow,I just get a blank black screen without anything on it.If I start up the PC, it...
  8. rebooting forever after being stuck in an automatic repair loop! Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rebooting forever after being stuck in an automatic repair loop! Windows 10: My laptop has been stuck in the auto repair loop of death! I tried to get out of it with all the command prompt go to's bootrec /fixboot ... ended up reinstalling from a USB - seemed to go well. Then the laptop needed to restart .... I am stuck on the logo page 'Acer' with...
  9. repairing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    repairing automatic repair: Continuously getting "repairing automatic repair" how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-automatic-repair/ca594e7c-ea3e-4f2f-b52c-cb48cf81519e
  10. Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in automatic repair /diagnosing PC reboot loop: Currently I am stuck in this automatic repair /diagnosing PC loop. I force shutdown my lenovo G480 laptop as it was unable to get out of sleep mode and this happened. Currently every option I am given results in the same loop happening over or it just doesn't work. I cannot...