Windows 10: Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

Discus and support Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10 and was upgraded to 11 with the free update, will not load Windows. It keeps running the Automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeff F.WH, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Jeff F.WH Win User

Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

My laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10 and was upgraded to 11 with the free update, will not load Windows. It keeps running the Automatic repair and diagnosing PC function which fails every time. I have tried to restore the PC by choosing restore keep files, restore remove everything and even factory restore. Everything FAILS. I have a drive to download the bootable media, BUT I do not have any access to another computer where I could run it as an admin. How do I get my computer running? I tried to look up a Bit Recovery key in my account and it has the laptop listed but NO recovery

:)

Jeff F.WH, Jul 25, 2023
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Windows won't reset or restore, Automatic repair loop

Hi Bruno,

When the Automatic repair fails, we can suggest using the command prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu to run bootrec commands to fix the files the Auto Repair couldn't. Here are the steps:

• On the windows Recovery Option, choose Troubleshoot >
      Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    Once the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. Let us know the outcome, so we could provide further assistance as necessary.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jul 25, 2023
  3. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 25, 2023
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair working

2. PC automatic repair not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC automatic repair not working: PC automatic repair is not working, cannot boot up to main desktop, and from time to time Blue screen shows in the middle of repair, keep getting message says windows repair can't repair your PC...
  3. PC automatic repair not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC automatic repair not working: PC automatic repair is not working, cannot boot up to main desktop, and from time to time Blue screen shows in the middle of repair, keep getting message says windows repair can't repair your PC...
  4. PC automatic repair not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all: My laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10 and was upgraded to 11 with the free update, will not load Windows. It keeps running the Automatic repair and diagnosing PC function which fails every time. I have tried to restore the PC by choosing restore keep files, restore...
  6. Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all: My laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10 and was upgraded to 11 with the free update, will not load Windows. It keeps running the Automatic repair and diagnosing PC function which fails every time. I have tried to restore the PC by choosing restore keep files, restore...
  7. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  8. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore: Hello, I was trying to boot up my Razer Blade 15 2020 laptop. It has windows 10. After installing the newest windows update, the laptop was attempting automatic Repairs. Usually, when this happens the laptop starts up, but this time it said there were no repairs found and it...
  9. Automatic Repairs Loop, Cannot do system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Automatic Repair is Not working at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair is Not working at all: Hi, I’ve tried everything on my 1TB HP Pavilion x360 because it keeps randomly rebooting it self. I tried to automatically repair it in the advanced options and it keeps showing after the restart that it doesn’t automatically repair. Then, I tried to put it in safe mode and...