Windows 10: Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install

Discus and support Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, A couple of days ago after installing windows updates I found my computer getting stuck in this automatic repair loop, where the pc will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaymukBoleman, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install

Hi there,

A couple of days ago after installing windows updates I found my computer getting stuck in this automatic repair loop, where the pc will boot, show the windows logo with “Preparing Automatic Repair” beneath it for a few seconds, then automatically restart. This continues over and over.

I decided it might be worth re-installing windows, I have a custom built PC and installed Windows 10 from a USB i purchased.

I entered the BIOS and set the boot option to KDI-MSFTWindows 10 PMAP, Partition 1.

When i restart my PC it freezes at the motherboard logo screen.

Im pretty stuck and Im not sure how to go about this.

Any advice on both these issues is appreciated,

Cheers

:)

JaymukBoleman, Nov 25, 2020
  2. larry Win User

Automatic Repair Loop Continued Woes

The automatic repair loop might be caused by the following issues:
    • filesystem corruption
    • corrupt MBR or BCD
    • improper registry settings
    This article covers all the possible reasons and solutions:
    Fix Automatic Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10, 8 and 7 | Password Recovery

I hope this helps!

larry, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install

Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install

1. Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Startup

2. Startup Repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair loop: Hi, this morning I turned on the pc and I found the Startup Repair screen, I tried to solve the problem by following some tutorials but nothing. I tried to manually fix it with cmd but it just added some OS which requires an admin password. I also tried the "System Restore"...
  3. Startup Repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair loop: Hi, this morning I turned on the pc and I found the Startup Repair screen, I tried to solve the problem by following some tutorials but nothing. I tried to manually fix it with cmd but it just added some OS which requires an admin password. I also tried the "System Restore"...
  4. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup: Hi Friends, My win 10 pc is having startup problem. Few days back i was installing latest update to my laptop and before installation completed i switched off it. And after that i am not able to start my p c as it has stuck now in Automatic Repair Loop and showing the same...
  5. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup: Hi Friends, My win 10 pc is having startup problem. Few days back i was installing latest update to my laptop and before installation completed i switched off it. And after that i am not able to start my p c as it has stuck now in Automatic Repair Loop and showing the same...
  6. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Automatic Repair Loop, Cannot Startup PC

Automatic Repair Loop, Cannot Startup PC: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and I experienced a problem that prevents my PC to startup or open to desktop. There is no way or any option that will make me even boot it to safe mode or anything. Most of the same cases I've read on the internet have the automatic repair loop but...
  8. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 startup: Hi I turned on the computer, but Windows did not start up and I saw a black screen. With the study I realized that I had to enter the auto-repair mode. I turned on the computer three times and turned it off on the windows logo to enter the auto-repair mode. In automatic...
  9. Windows Startup Repair Loop

Windows Startup Repair Loop: So I just installed update 1803 a couple of days ago and everything went fine, I then decided yesterday the PC needs a cleanup so I disconnected it, used an air blower to clean it as usual then put everything together and started the PC. I noticed windows took longer than...
  10. Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop: Hi Team, My family member’s computer seem to be having issues with startup with Windows 10 today, which seem to be after some updates released. Basically the computer is stucked in the start up spinning dots and automatic repair section after trying to hard boot the PC...