Windows 10: Automatic Repair

Discus and support Automatic Repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a pc I use for Virtual Reality, school, and simple usage, nothing crazy. I don't know all of the places I keep everything on it. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tim T.V. Cao, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Automatic Repair

Hello,

I have a pc I use for Virtual Reality, school, and simple usage, nothing crazy. I don't know all of the places I keep everything on it. I'm not super tech-savvy, but can manager to figure things out. Currently I am stuck in the Automatic Repair blue screen, over and over again, I've tried code in the code prompt like C : and other codes, I've shut it down three times, tried letting it repair itself, tried setting up at a previous point, even tried resetting the whole PC. Which leads to it telling me it can't do that and to restart the PC, done it same thing over and over again. I even tried installing a new window installation, the product key is on the side of my PC, I entered it and it automatically goes to "compatibility report" and tried to do advanced installation but I have no idea what to delete, or put the installtion to. When I want to click one to install it to, it says it can't and to check BIOS and somethings I am not educated enough to understand how to.

I have probably put in 7 hours of solid looking up videos, trying anything, and I can't log into my account and am stuck at this constant Automatic repair shut down or advanced options point everytime.

Please if you have an answer give it in step by step answer, or if I can facetime someone to get the answer I will.

Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Tim T.V. Cao, Apr 1, 2020

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 1, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Automatic Repair

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Automatic Repair

1. Automatic Repair - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair

2. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  3. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.: Hello,Once I have logged in to my computer, the automatic repair screen comes up. I have tried most of the recovery methods and have installed Windows 10 on to my pen drive as this is the latest version that it can run. I tried to install Windows 10 using this method, but it...
  4. PC is unable to start, and the automatic repair screen shows up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  6. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  7. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

8. Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup: I have reinstalled windows 11 however its always entering automatic repair upon startup. That was also the reason why I reinstalled my windows. Thanks for the help....
  9. Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup

Windows 11 always entering Automatic Repair on startup: I have reinstalled windows 11 however its always entering automatic repair upon startup. That was also the reason why I reinstalled my windows. Thanks for the help....
  10. Automatic Repair

Automatic Repair: Has this been resolvedMy Dell PC is stuck in this after automatic Windows Update on Saturday night.I need urgent response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair/487ae019-6ad2-47fb-8a2b-1d92e6047e72