Windows 10: Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Discus and support Automatic Restart After Automatic Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnHinton2, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Dear Microsoft,

I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts.

Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this?

I did a Google search for "Windows 10 Automatic Restart" and Google said there were around 285.000.000 results! Isn't there only around 330.000.000 people in the United States? I guess there is pretty much an individual answer for everyone in the US that uses a Windows computer.

I simply want to know why. At this precise moment in time, after working on a file on and off all day long, I don't know exactly what I had done and what I had not done before or after the last save of that file. I run battery backups. I do all I can to have a reliable computer. The only part that is not reliable is Windows 10.

I have another system that has been running a CNC project since early this morning. CNC machines require an indexing that is lost if the program shuts down. At the moment I fear it will automatically restart after I go to bed this evening. This will cause me to lose my materials and lose the times spent doing the first of 5 of these projects. Yes, I could go in and set a 'delay for X days'. On the other hand, I very much like to run Windows updates at my earliest convenience for security reasons. However, sometimes it might be days before I can do a restart. I don't need to micromanage a timer on updates 'every time' I get ready to do CNC work.

Other times I've been crunching database data for hours or more than a day. Sometimes I'm logged in to a server running something from a shell. You are not smarted than me about how I use my computer. Windows 7 Pro worked perfectly. Windows 10... well I can't use that expletive here.

Do you really wonder why so many people are buying Apple computers? An "Operating System" is supposed to work for me. I'm not supposed to work for it.

Please tell me why you insist on the automated update and automated rebooting in spite of my supposedly turning it off? Why isn't there a clear easy way to select "Notify me of Windows updates but allow me to install them"? It seems such a simple thing.

Best Regards,

A very frustrated Windows user.

:)

JohnHinton2, Jul 29, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 29, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic Restart After Automatic Update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Updates

They are installed automatically if that is the way you have Automatic Updates set.

I have AU set as download them, but let me choose when to install.

Is that what you meant when you said they are installed automatically?

As to your question Lillebror, I searched for a way to start the Automatic Updates, but really wasn't successful.

OnePostWonder, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

1. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update - Similar Threads - Automatic Restart Automatic

2. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  3. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  4. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  5. Automatic updates and restart password

Automatic updates and restart password: This is a two part issue. I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop and they behave differently for updates and restarts. Desktop updates automatically I leave computer on all the time, monitor goes to sleep but I have to enter Microsoft password to enable home screen...
  6. Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates: Since the updates (apparently released or at least installed yesterday evening 8PM PA time), my computer automatically restarts once every hour or so. What is strange is that this only occurs if I am watching a particular Streaming Service (Disney Plus) on Chrome. I thought...
  7. Automatic restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic restarts: I bought a new Lenova IdeaCentre January 2019 and it worked great for about 3 weeks, then for some reason it would automatically restart when I would close my browser, and occasionally out of the clear blue while doing browsing, facebooking or just doing anything in general....
  8. Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update

Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update: Hi, I've searched, but not found a satisfactory answer. I need to stop windows from automatically restating. As far as I can tell, Windows 10 will automatically restart after updates, and I totally understand it's to force uses to be upto date and therefore safer....
  9. automatic restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic restart: Hello, How to stop windows from automatic restart? I lost my experiments that was running for days because of this issue, and I have to repeat everything again. It seems technology is getting smarter except windows, I wonder why? Best, Hamzah...
  10. Windows Update Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Automatic Restart: Hello, I just wanted to say here on the forums that making the Windows update restart my computer automatically, no matter what, is ridiculous. The last time the update had restarted my computer while I was using it, I went and put the settings to the option of "choose when...