Windows 10: automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment

Discus and support automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, first I must say that I was leaving the PC updating at 19% and it lasted a long time, so I turned it off and when I turned it on the PC said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Enmanuel 12309, Mar 19, 2020.

1. automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment

Hello, first I must say that I was leaving the PC updating at 19% and it lasted a long time, so I turned it off and when I turned it on the PC said "Undoing changes made to your computer", so I looked for some solution on the internet at this link

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-undoing-changes-made-to-your-computer/4d9506d5-8c1f-4c5b-bf9e-10f0c2badb68

I started doing the steps of the second response from Mr. DaveM121 and proceeded to put the pc in "Recovery Environment"

But I could not follow the steps since only a bar appeared loading and after the bar loaded the PC turned off and now every time I turn it on it only lasts about 2 to 5 seconds and it restarts constantly and I have to press the button off to stop it from restarting.

I'd be happy if you could help me

:)

Enmanuel 12309, Mar 19, 2020

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment

windows recovery environment

Hi Sreenivas,

Your issue is usually caused by incorrect configuration of the Boot Loader.

As a workaround, follow the steps below:

• First, restart your PC or laptop.
    • After restarting you see the Grub menu.
    • In the Advanced Options menu you will see an entry Recovery Menu that you need to select.
    • Carefully select the grub – Update grub boot loader option.
    • It will automatically add an entry for Windows 10 to the boot menu.

If the steps won't resolve the issue, we strongly advised to reach out with Ubuntu support. Otherwise, revert back to single boot system.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment

1. automatic restart after placing the pc in Recovery Environment - Similar Threads - automatic restart placing

2. My PC is looping with Windows Recovery Environment!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is looping with Windows Recovery Environment!: So I reset my PC but turned it off midway and then ended up with “Choose options” I tried most of them and one of them was “Exit and continue to Windows Recovery Environment” I pressed it and it loops me back, I tried resetting again but that did not work either and said...
  3. My PC is looping with Windows Recovery Environment!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is looping with Windows Recovery Environment!: So I reset my PC but turned it off midway and then ended up with “Choose options” I tried most of them and one of them was “Exit and continue to Windows Recovery Environment” I pressed it and it loops me back, I tried resetting again but that did not work either and said...
  4. Recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery environment: After converting the O/S disk from MBR to GPT and installing Windows 11, disk management lists two recovery partitions - one grayed out.What's the significance of this, if any? Can and should the grayed item be deleted? Or is all as expected......
  5. Recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery environment: After converting the O/S disk from MBR to GPT and installing Windows 11, disk management lists two recovery partitions - one grayed out.What's the significance of this, if any? Can and should the grayed item be deleted? Or is all as expected......
  6. pc always boots at recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc always boots at recovery environment: hi, I am using windows 10 version 2004 on HP laptop. my pc always boots at recovery environment. i don't know why. how can i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-always-boots-at-recovery-environment/16f5daa2-70f2-4c30-b49c-2bac4f63ef4b
  7. Is an in-place upgrade possible in the recovery environment?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is an in-place upgrade possible in the recovery environment?: My machine has gone into an infinite loop of trying to automatic repair, then failing to do so but never getting to the windows 10 desktop. I"ve tried utilising a restore point which it won;t let me do, I tried uninstalling the last fixes which it won't let me do... I...
  8. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute after in-place upgrade from 1703 - 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your PC will automatically restart in one minute after in-place upgrade from 1703 - 1809: Hi, We faced with issue related restart loop after In-place upgrade Computer is updated across SCCM Task Sequence to 1809. When user trying to enter to their profile it shows message about : [ATTACH] Your PC will automatically restart in one minute Recreate user profile...
  9. recovery environment?

in Windows 10 Support
    recovery environment?: Hi guys; what is "recovery environment" that comes up when booting win 10TP? 5334
  10. Windows Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Environment: @Saltgrass just not sure what setting some of the Reagentc entries to "0" actually did. Both Winre.wim and Reagent.xml are under: C:\Windows\System32\Recovery If contains all 0's. ReAgentc will search for the Recovery Partition identified by ID type...