Windows 10: Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

Discus and support Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by trane251, Apr 18, 2017.

1. trane251 Win User

Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

Hi All,

About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart.
    • I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD problem went away
    • 2 days later my computer will turn on for about 2 minutes and then restart. About 2 seconds prior to the restart my cursor will freeze
    • I tried to do a system restore but it did not complete
    • Computer will not boot into Safe Mode (just hangs on the computer logo, Lenova)
    • I am suspecting a potential virus due to being overseas and on an open network at the hotel. I did use a U.S. VPN when on the internet. I also downloaded some torrents, TV Shows, prior to the trip. Yes....a very bad idea
    • I have not posted in a virus forum...this is my first one.

Thank you for the assistance.

:)

trane251, Apr 18, 2017

2. Nokia N72 it restarts automatically every minute.

Hi, Newly bought Nokia N72 phone it restarts automatically every minute. But when i put the bluetooth on the phone remains stable and it does not reboot. Once the bluetooth is switched off again the phone starts rebooting automatically every minute. Please
    let me know if there is any solution for that.

pal_jayendra, Apr 18, 2017
  3. anuprav Win User
    Nokia N72 it restarts automatically every minute.

Update your Firmware with latest one.Either take it to NOKIA CARE or do it from the wesite of NOKIA but do take back up of all your data.

anuprav, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Xilnik Win User

Your System Restore likely failed because you're running version 1607 of Windows. Let's try System Restore again:

• Start the system with Advanced startup options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt
    • Choose the drive with Windows installation, e.g. C:, by typing Code: C:[/quote]
      • Check whether Windows is on that drive by typing Code: dir[/quote] and look for Windows and Users directories listed. If you do not find it, choose another drive letter, e.g. D:, as above.
    • Type Code: xcopy /s /q "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.old" Does C:\Program Files\WindowsApps.old specify a file name or directory name on the target (F = file, D = directory)? d rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"[/quote]
      • The above assumes you found Windows and Users under the C: drive; your commands will change if it was a different drive letter.
    • Type Code: exit[/quote]
    • Return to Advanced Options and choose System Restore

After attempting System Restore, whether it fails or succeeds, start a thread in the AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security section of these forums. I am seeing a suspicious module loading in your crashes:

Code: Unable to load image \??\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for {0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e} *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for {0d47c9bc-7b04-4d81-9ad8-b2e00681de8e}[/quote]

Xilnik, Apr 19, 2017
  5. trane251 Win User
    Hi Xilnik,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I did as you requested and was able to get it to System Restore.

I'm now getting the original BSOD and it gives me the Stop Code: System_Service_Exception and sometimes has a static sound coming out of the speaker when the BSOD shows up.

I'm posting a message in a virus removal site (bleepingcomputer). I'm having trouble keeping my computer powered on for more than 1 min before BSOD happens.

Thanks again for the help!

trane251, Apr 19, 2017
  6. Xilnik Win User
    No problem. I wish you well in getting the system clean of possible viruses. It may be difficult if the system is not stable, but hopefully the security experts can help you track it down.

We will not be able to offer further advice while you are troubleshooting your security issues because it is best not to cause confusion by providing too much advice from too many sources. If you still need help after you finish at the virus removal site, let us know. Also let us know if/when the system is back up and running.

Best regards!

Xilnik, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes - Similar Threads - Automatic Restart Every

2. PC restarts every 2-4 Minutes without any error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts every 2-4 Minutes without any error.: Here is the Event log: LocaleMetaData and Eventi.evtx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarts-every-2-4-minutes-without-any-error/4c0371c4-fb95-4c58-86bd-8b7ad1c1e808
  3. PC restarts every 2-4 Minutes without any error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts every 2-4 Minutes without any error.: Here is the Event log: LocaleMetaData and Eventi.evtx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarts-every-2-4-minutes-without-any-error/4c0371c4-fb95-4c58-86bd-8b7ad1c1e808
  4. Windows 11 - Crashing Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Crashing Every 2 Minutes: My Windows 11 Computer keeps on crashing about every 2 minutes ever since my child has overheated it by playing games. If you know how to help me fix this issue, that would be excellent!...
  5. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  6. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  7. 2 minutes on restart screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 minutes on restart screen: I recenlty noticed that my windows 10 pc takes a lot to restart (stays more than 2 minutes on that restart screen with those spinning dots). Shutdown takes less than 10 seconds and starting from shutdown takes about 15 seconds, the only problem is that part of restart with...
  8. System restarting every minute on it's own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restarting every minute on it's own.: Two days ago I clicked 'reset network'. From that moment my dell laptop is not using internet though it is connected to network through wifi. None of setting options in 'setting' was opening and even it was being automatically closed. Somehow I clicked one option in...
  9. Automatically Restart in 1 Minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically Restart in 1 Minute: I have this prompt "Your PC will Automatically Restart in 1 Minute". And keeps on restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/automatically-restart-in-1-minute/6b01302a-f856-4a54-ba09-5e4cf17dee6f
  10. Computer Restarts Every 2 Minutes After Fresh Install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarts Every 2 Minutes After Fresh Install of Windows 10: I have been working on a problem with my computer for 2 days. (Technically, it's my son's computer.) He was playing a game on Friday night when suddenly the computer shut down and then restarted. After shutting down and restarting twice, he can get into Safe Mode. He was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restarts every 2-3 minutes