Windows 10: Automatic restart for updates does not happen anymore when Laptop is hibernating

Discus and support Automatic restart for updates does not happen anymore when Laptop is hibernating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my Laptop with Win 10 1909 64 bit I have the problem that Windows will not automatically reboot to finish an update when I switched off to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/burens, Jan 22, 2020.

1. /u/burens Win User

Automatic restart for updates does not happen anymore when Laptop is hibernating

On my Laptop with Win 10 1909 64 bit I have the problem that Windows will not automatically reboot to finish an update when I switched off to hibernation.

I have set active hours to 7 am to 1 am and previously when updates were available Windows automatically rebooted the laptop overnight even when it was in hibernation mode, same on my desktop PC. The desktop still does the automatic update (you can hear it booting a few minutes past active hours), the laptop doesn't.

I couldn't find anything regarding automatic updates and hibernation on google, most people are wondering how to turn off the auto reboots.

Does anyone know a solution? Of course I could just reboot manually, but having it happen overnight was quite convenient. Thanks.

submitted by /u/burens
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/burens, Jan 22, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Automatic restart for updates does not happen anymore when Laptop is hibernating

Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.

• I disabled fast restart
    • ran power troubleshooter
    • reset the power plan defaults
    • updated bios
    • tried a repair install
    • disabled hybrid sleep in power settings

I have already updated to v 1909. I am running Win 10 Pro.

The fast start disable fixed the auto restart on shutdown but not or hibernate. Sleep works fine. Please advise what other steps to try.

Jerry Welliver, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Automatic restart for updates does not happen anymore when Laptop is hibernating

1. Automatic restart for updates does not happen anymore when Laptop is hibernating - Similar Threads - Automatic restart updates

2. Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.: HiI used Win 11, 23H. when I working or playing, suddenly hibernate enabled automatically, and my laptop is on a charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate-enabled-automatically-when-working-on/bcac2ddf-57b5-455d-834d-e96af2e2d199
  3. Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate enabled automatically when working on laptop.: HiI used Win 11, 23H. when I working or playing, suddenly hibernate enabled automatically, and my laptop is on a charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernate-enabled-automatically-when-working-on/bcac2ddf-57b5-455d-834d-e96af2e2d199
  4. the laptop restart automatic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the laptop restart automatic: i let my customer open "Reliability monitoring program" there are two kind mistakes one is "windows don't shutdown properly" another is "windows explorer stopped working" below text is the detail of explorer crash how to solve the problem? thanks a lot my...
  5. Laptop does not hibernate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop does not hibernate: Hi Dell Inspiron 15 laptop, operating system Windows 10. Until recently if I did not touch any keys or touchpad for a period the screen would go dark. To reactivate I would press start button and enter a password. Whatever I was working on would reappear. This no longer...
  6. Laptop automatically hibernates at 88% power.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop automatically hibernates at 88% power.: Hi guys, I've been looking around for a way to fix this problem but nothing works so far. If I use my laptop plugged all the time, nothing wrong happens. However, if I use my laptop on battery, it will always automatically and instantly turn off with no warning message once...
  7. Laptop Restart Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Restart Automatically: Hello there, from the last 2 weeks my laptop is restarting by itself. I have noticed when my DVD/CD Rewritable Drive starts showing a green light my laptop machine runs by itself by restarting the laptop on its own. Please help does its software problem or hardware problem to...
  8. Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ?: I left my pc for an hours, when i came back i saw white dot circle on my screen and continue with getting update ready or windows ready message (i cant quite remember) and logon screen appear as usual. And i remember my windows downloading update couple hours ago, because i...
  9. Does bitlocker automatically lock the second drive when hibernating?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does bitlocker automatically lock the second drive when hibernating?: Hi. I have two drives, one with windows which is my main system, which has bitlocker. And another storage drive, which also has bitlocker. When I first boot up my PC, I have to enter my bitlocker password to access my PC. And then I also have to enter the bitlocker password...
  10. Does bitlocker automatically lock the second drive when hibernating?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does bitlocker automatically lock the second drive when hibernating?: Hi. I have two drives, one with windows which is my main system, which has bitlocker. And another storage drive, which also has bitlocker. When I first boot up my PC, I have to enter my bitlocker password to access my PC. And then I also have to enter the bitlocker password...