Windows 10: automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

Discus and support automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is there a registry key that allows an automatic reboot on this windows message ? [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jonathanjeanson, May 8, 2019.

1. automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

is there a registry key that allows an automatic reboot on this windows message ?
    automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes" [​IMG]

:)

jonathanjeanson, May 8, 2019
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, May 8, 2019
  3. Computer mysteriously restarts....

Here you go

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

Click the Advanced tab.

Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

randomperson21, May 8, 2019
  4. automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

You must restart your computer to apply these changes

I keep getting this message... You must restart your computer to apply these changes. So I restart the computer but the message remains.

I checked on the updates and there is one that failed, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - March 2016 (KB890830). It's the only one in the list.

How do I remove it assuming this is causing the restart message?

Quentin Mayberry, May 8, 2019
Thema:

automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

1. automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes" - Similar Threads - automatic restart must

2. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  3. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...: I have a Asus BR1100CKA-CE1-CA. It's 3 months old. It was running Windows 10. I dowmloaded and tried to install Windows 11. The laptop does a restart and then displays it is trying to undo changes to the PC for a while. Then it restarts and displays tje message again. It has...
  4. Undoing changes made to your computer; restart; Undoing changes made to you computer;...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  6. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  7. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. computer restarted automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer restarted automatically: here is the text from event log can anyone tell what could have caused it Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 29-10-2020 10.27.59 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  9. You must restart your computer to turn off User Account Control in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You must restart your computer to turn off User Account Control in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are trying to set the Never notify option in the UAC, but you receive a message You must restart your computer to turn […] This post You must restart your computer to turn off User Account Control in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Restart needed to apply changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart needed to apply changes: Upgraded to Windows 10 six days ago. All worked normally until today, when the message appears at start-up that a re-start is required for changes to take effect. Re-starting only produces the message again. Windows last updated successfully five days ago (Microsoft...