Windows 10: Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

Discus and support Automatic restart scheduled for important updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A red window appeared on my screen today, saying “Automatic restart scheduled for important updates.” It goes on to say that I need to restart now to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by laserguy73, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

A red window appeared on my screen today, saying “Automatic restart scheduled for important updates.” It goes on to say that I need to restart now to get a newer version of Windows 10, because my present version is nearing the end of service. But this window totally locks my computer so that I cannot do anything else. I can only either select "OK", or "Restart Now." There are no other options. This makes me very suspicious.

My question is whether this message is a legitimate Microsoft message, or an attempt by some hackers to gain access to my computer. The computer is presently running version 1903, build # 18362.959.

If it is not a message from Microsoft, please suggest how I might prevent this message from appearing again.

Thank you for your advice.

:)

laserguy73, Aug 21, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 21, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic restart scheduled for important updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

automatic restart

Hi Shane,

To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo and go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security and go to Windows Update.
    • Click Advance options and choose how updates are installed to
      Notify to schedule restart.

Le us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

1. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates - Similar Threads - Automatic restart scheduled

2. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  3. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time: I'm configuring some group policies around Windows Updates. For "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time" does the timer for the scheduled restart start after the updates are finished installing or the scheduled install time?...
  4. GPO for Always automatically restart at the scheduled time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Import Scheduled Tasks in bulk

in Windows 10 Support
    Import Scheduled Tasks in bulk: I found this method to import multiple scheduled tasks. How to Import (Restore) All Tasks in Bulk Using Task Scheduler in Windows? AskVG Does this still work? Is there an easier way? 184038
  6. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  7. There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.

There should never be an automatic scheduled restart for updates.: I'm tired of the "automatic restart" for Windows updates. It always happens when I'm not available to save my work. There should never be an "automatic restart". If Windows wants to update, the restart should have to wait until I'm actually able to deal with it....
  8. Restart is scheduled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  9. Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Schedule restart found reset to Automatic (recommended). How? When?: I set Windows update to notify me to schedule a restart. To my horror, I found it had been reset to Automatic (recommended). I didn't do that... so that's not good. Has anyone experienced this? 42102
  10. Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows: How to: Import Task to Task Scheduler in Windows How to Import a Task to Task Scheduler in Windows [img] Information The Task Scheduler enables you to automatically perform routine tasks on a chosen computer. The Task Scheduler does this by monitoring whatever...