Windows 10: Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

Discus and support Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since the updates (apparently released or at least installed yesterday evening 8PM PA time), my computer automatically restarts once every hour or so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dandrevee, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

Since the updates (apparently released or at least installed yesterday evening 8PM PA time), my computer automatically restarts once every hour or so. What is strange is that this only occurs if I am watching a particular Streaming Service (Disney Plus) on Chrome. I thought if I run another program in the background (e.g. file defragment) it appears to stave off the issue for a little longer (thinking the computer was just going to sleep)..but that theory just failed again so I am out of ideas. Also it doesn't go to sleep/hibernate...it just restarts completely.

Oddly (and luckily) enough, later last night(while I was playing a game via Steam) I had 00 issues. I mention this because a mod for that game has a feature where it helps free the memory for any other programs running in the background (which I used). I mention this because I thought this could be due to a memory issue or overheating but my PC does not overheat at this time and I checked my memory on the computer and it shows no issues. I also deactivated automatic updates to ensure that was not causing the issue.

I searched google and this subreddit last night, but I did not see any similar issues anywhere else or similar issues reported in the last month. I apparently did not have a restore point for my computer, and I don' want to lose any progress or files for my recently installed game(s).

Tl;Dr: my computer is restarting while playing Disney Plus following the most recent update to Windows 10

Has anyone had a similar issue with the most recent update? Has anyone had a similar issue with any other streaming service causing a restart?

submitted by /u/dandrevee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dandrevee, Dec 8, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 8, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 8, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

1. Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates - Similar Threads - Automatic Restarts Recent

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  3. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  4. Stop automatic restart after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop automatic restart after windows update: I am running windows server 2019 datacenter edition. How can I stop my servers being restarted automatically after windows update based on active hours setting. Is there any way to stop or change this behavior...
  5. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  6. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  7. Windows 10 automatic restart after updates problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatic restart after updates problem: Windows 10 automatic restart after updates should be optional and enabled by default. It doesn't make any sense being automatic. Even when my pc is at sleep mode it auto reboots and messes up with my working environment having big impact on my work. This "feature" is stupid,...
  8. Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update

Stop automatic restarts after Windows Update: Hi, I've searched, but not found a satisfactory answer. I need to stop windows from automatically restating. As far as I can tell, Windows 10 will automatically restart after updates, and I totally understand it's to force uses to be upto date and therefore safer....
  9. Automatic Repair loop after recent update

Automatic Repair loop after recent update: Hi, I am using Lenovo Y520 with OEM Windows 10. 3 days ago my system received an update. After i restarted, the system went into automatic repair and diagnostic loop. I tried all possible method: restore, delete updates, mirror image, previous version and startup repair....
  10. Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win update “Notify to schedule restart" missing after recent update?: Before the recent update, in windows update “Advanced Options” screen, I selected “Notify to schedule restart” so my PC will not restart by itself after an update, as mentioned in this article How to Schedule Restarts for Updates in Windows 10 Yesterday after windows...