Windows 10: Automatic restarts

Discus and support Automatic restarts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My brother's pc has 1803 and got a notification for restarting to upgrade to 1903. That's cool and all, but it doesn't restart automatically some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cortanalover178, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Automatic restarts

My brother's pc has 1803 and got a notification for restarting to upgrade to 1903.

That's cool and all, but it doesn't restart automatically some days later. The "update and restart" button is a separate button.

Does it keep waiting for you to manually restart or will it restart automatically once 1803 reaches end of support?

:)

Cortanalover178, Aug 14, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Automatic restarts

Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Automatic restarts

1. Automatic restarts - Similar Threads - Automatic restarts

2. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  3. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  4. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  5. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  6. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds: As it restarts automatically. I can't complete the shift + f10 method. After writing regedit and browsing to to setup or status it just turns off...
  7. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds: As it restarts automatically. I can't complete the shift + f10 method. After writing regedit and browsing to to setup or status it just turns off...
  8. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??: My computer doesn’t want to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-the-blue-screen-and-make-it/aa6cde94-9b58-47c3-97b7-5116e252626c
  10. How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??

How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??: My computer doesn’t want to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-the-blue-screen-and-make-it/aa6cde94-9b58-47c3-97b7-5116e252626c