Windows 10: Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program.

Discus and support Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am experiencing a very frustrating issue with my Surface Pro running Windows 10. Even though I have multiple programs open (Outlook, Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack Lush, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jack Lush Win User

Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program.

I am experiencing a very frustrating issue with my Surface Pro running Windows 10. Even though I have multiple programs open (Outlook, Chrome, Powerpoint for example) and all are maximized but layered, when I go to minimize or exit a program, the screen automatically reverts to the desktop rather than to the program layered behind it.

Are they any workarounds for this issue?

:)

Jack Lush, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Agrippa Win User

Programs will not start running minimised

I have Win 10 Home x64.

I cannot run programs to start minimized. Specifically, I cannot get Thunderbird and Calibre to do this.

At the moment I have these 2 programs as shortcuts on the Desktop. If I open them then I can minimise them by the normal method of clicking on the - sign at the top right hand corner.

I have used the standard recommended method, namely Right click > Properties > Select Minimised in Run. This does not work. When I start running them from the link they open full screen.

Agrippa, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Window minimises to the screen on the left

Greetings all,

I have a strange "problem" with not 1 (as I originally thought) but a couple of applications, but not all of them. When I minimise the application, the taskbar icon moves to the screen to the left. If I maximise it it comes back to the screen it was before.
    Also it doesn't matter where you are having the application maximised, the taskbar icon always appears on the main screen's taskbar. It doesn't matter if it's pinned or not. I currently have 3 monitors connected with 1 being the primary (3---2---1). If I use
    the program on monitor 2 the taskbar icon is appearing on monitor's 1 taskbar, the application it self is on monitor 2 and if I minimise this application then the taskbar icon will disappear from monitor's 1 taskbar (if the application is not pinned) and appear
    on monitor's 3 taskbar(pinned or unpinned). So far it's happening on two applications, MTputty and Workshop4 (a program for 4D Lcds). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dimitris

Dimitrios Mitsas, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

Thema:

1. Automatic Return to Desktop Screen at closure or minimisation of a program. - Similar Threads - Automatic Return Desktop

2. Account Closure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Closure: Hello,I would like to close my business account associated with with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Just to be absolutely crystal clear, I will repeat request as I have two accounts with same name. I would like to close my business account associated with ***...
  3. Account Closure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Closure: Hello,I would like to close my business account associated with with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Just to be absolutely crystal clear, I will repeat request as I have two accounts with same name. I would like to close my business account associated with ***...
  4. Stop management of minimised program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop management of minimised program: Hi all, I'm sorry I don't know all the technical terms but I'm having a frustrating time running programmes on my machine while doing other things. I'm trying to run a programme written in python on the command line. It is fairly cpu intensive and will take several hours to...
  5. Games minimising to desktop randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimising to desktop randomly: Has anyone encountered an issue where games minimise to your desktop randomly? I've done everything i can think of and have tried most suggested things online. the only way I've managed to resolve the issue briefly is when i re-install windows. Any suggestions would be...
  6. Windows 10 returning to desktop screen shortly after opening apps/programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 returning to desktop screen shortly after opening apps/programs.: within the last 8 months or so, I have a recurring problem with Windows 10 returning to the desktop after I have opened an app or program. The app/program remains running although minimized on the bottom of the screen in the task bar. There is a file that is executing to...
  7. returning to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    returning to desktop: I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far right would return you to the desktop. I hate this feature, but don't know how to turn it off. Frequently, when working in...
  8. Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active programs/windows are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop: Hello, as stated simply in the subject, active programs are deactivated and full-screen games are minimised to desktop, once per boot-up. I've read related issues and I must add that this is not random, it happens once after certain amount of time while running a game,...
  9. Programs will not start running minimised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs will not start running minimised: I have Win 10 Home x64. I cannot run programs to start minimized. Specifically, I cannot get Thunderbird and Calibre to do this. At the moment I have these 2 programs as shortcuts on the Desktop. If I open them then I can minimise them by the normal method of clicking...
  10. Window 10 Anniversary program closure fault

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 Anniversary program closure fault: Hello All I am struggling with a windows 10 fault since the anniversary update was installed, Since it was installed I have problems with applications closing - For instance if I play a game for a while, say like Dark Souls 3 and then quit the game via the menu and then...