Windows 10: Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos?

Discus and support Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to have a laptop/tablet combo device set to automatically switch display scaling when switching between laptop and tablet modes? For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeifersIsAwesome, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos?

Is it possible to have a laptop/tablet combo device set to automatically switch display scaling when switching between laptop and tablet modes? For example, having scale set to 100% when in laptop mode, and 150% in tablet mode, but not having to go into setti gs to switch it all the time.

:)

KeifersIsAwesome, Jan 12, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Jan 12, 2020
  4. EdHayes3 Win User

Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos?

When un-docking laptop, Windows scaling changes to 125% but still shows 100% in settings

I have a 1920x1080 laptop display, and 2 extnernal 1920x1080 displays. When I dock, I do not use my laptop display. Scaling is set to 100% for all monitors when in use.

When I un-dock, and open my laptop display, scaling changes automatically, and visually appears 125%. I go to my display settings, and it says 100%. But when I change to 125% (which is the "recommended" setting) then back to 100%, my display then looks as it
    should.

This is quite repeatable.

• I would prefer scaling does not change when I un-dock
    • Why does does he actual scaling not match what the setting is set to?

EdHayes3, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos?

1. Automatic scaling changes for laptop/tablet combos? - Similar Threads - Automatic scaling changes

2. Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet: Hello!I have the HP Envy x360 Convertible and Windows 11. I only got this about a year ago.My computer keeps disabling the physical keyboard when the computer is tilted even slightly. Based on the way the taskbar changes, it seems to be changing from laptop to tablet....
  3. Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet: Hello!I have the HP Envy x360 Convertible and Windows 11. I only got this about a year ago.My computer keeps disabling the physical keyboard when the computer is tilted even slightly. Based on the way the taskbar changes, it seems to be changing from laptop to tablet....
  4. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...: Hi all, Here is the issue - I frequently use my laptop attached to a docking as well as not. But it is a 14 inch laptop so if I am working on the laptop alone a 125% scale is enough. However when I attach it to the docking 125% seem too small as the laptop is not as close so...
  5. Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...

Is there a way Windows automatically to change the scale on the build-in laptop display,...: Hi all, Here is the issue - I frequently use my laptop attached to a docking as well as not. But it is a 14 inch laptop so if I am working on the laptop alone a 125% scale is enough. However when I attach it to the docking 125% seem too small as the laptop is not as close so...
  6. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  7. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  8. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Change scale or change resolution?

Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  10. Automatically scaling problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically scaling problem: Whenever I move a program a gray UI appears with four corners. I just want to move my program but this gray UI always automatically scales my windows. How can I disable this UI?...