Windows 10: Automatic scan after defender update?

Discus and support Automatic scan after defender update? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, On my laptop, a quick scan is performed after each defender update. I wanted to set it up on the second laptop without Insider, which obviously... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichalRama, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Automatic scan after defender update?

Hello,

On my laptop, a quick scan is performed after each defender update. I wanted to set it up on the second laptop without Insider, which obviously doesn't do it, but I didn't figure out where to set it up.

Please help

Thank you

:)

MichalRama, Feb 8, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 8, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic scan after defender update? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Automatic scan after defender update?

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Automatic scan after defender update?

1. Automatic scan after defender update? - Similar Threads - Automatic scan defender

2. Windows Defender won't scan automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't scan automatically: I just ditched Norton 360, opting to use just Windows Security. I thought that Windows would automatically scan my computer at various times without me doing a thing. Instead, I can go over 24 hours, and find that Windows has not done any scans at all. I have to manually go...
  3. Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses

Defender to automatically scan portable drives for viruses: Does Defender have the option to scan for the USB drives, portable HHD, etc. for viruses? If not, please and have others upvote my feedback in the hub. https://aka.ms/AAcwf5o...
  4. Automatic Scan in Windows Defender

Automatic Scan in Windows Defender: Can Windows Defender be set to automatically scan at desired intervals?[Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/automatic-scan-in-windows-defender/f55df008-d13a-4d73-98ea-0b5ae3857f37
  5. Windows Defender -Full Scan automatically restarting after virus found

Windows Defender -Full Scan automatically restarting after virus found: I performed a quick scan which found nothing,so decided to perform a full scan. After 5 minutes, the system appeared to have automatically restarted - is this normal if it finds a virus to remove offline? Unfortunately, my system went into that 'preparing automatic repair /...
  6. Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan

Current Threats: Last Scan not updated after Defender Scheduled Scan: I've scheduled a Defender quick scan for 0900 each day. It runs OK taking a couple of minutes. When I look in Settings / Windows Security / Virus & threat protection the Last scan date & time are not updated. They seem only to be updated when I click Quick scan on that page....
  7. Automatic Defender Updates

Automatic Defender Updates: I have my Defender setting to get automatic updates but every time I go to my computer (about once a week), it says my definitions are not updated. It is time consuming as well. Can anyone advise me about this? Thank you....
  8. defender automatic update and scan

defender automatic update and scan: first let me say I am on a metered network....so my automatic update of windows 10 operating system is switched off...only operates on my command altho the defender update says it is automatic.i have to prompt every time....is this because of my "switched off " status.......
  9. how to cancel windows defender automatic scans?

how to cancel windows defender automatic scans?: Is there a way to have real-time protection of WD, but without the automatic scans? 52486
  10. windows defender automatically scan thumb drives

windows defender automatically scan thumb drives: plugged in USB thumb drive opened windows explorer right clicked drive scan with windows defender and it said scanning pc but it never shows any options so I dont know if it scanned pc or usb for sure why or not 42160