Windows 10: Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

Discus and support Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Dell laptop has recently started automatically scrolling to the bottom of web pages as soon as I open them. I use the Edge browser that came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AprilFuoss, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

My Dell laptop has recently started automatically scrolling to the bottom of web pages as soon as I open them. I use the Edge browser that came installed when I bought the computer or I use Chrome. It happens on both browsers and it also happens when I try to open the start menu for windows. It also will not display any drop down menus within a website. This is extremely frustrating because I use my computer to make online purchases and book travel arrangements. When it does this I can't change anything for example if I am trying to book a flight and hotel for 2 adults I can't open the drop down menu to change the number of people from 1 to 2. When I try to the drop down with flash very quickly like a blip on the screen then will disappear and nothing I try has fixed the issue. Has anyone else had this problem and what solutions would you recommend? Please help I am at my wits end.

:)

AprilFuoss, Jul 25, 2020
  2. JoeKabuke Win User

Issue with Automatic Scrolling in Drop Down Menus and Certain Windows

Hi,

Ever since installing Windows 10, certain windows will scroll automatically to the side and/or down to the bottom as soon as I move my mouse cursor inside of said windows.

It occurs in rather peculiar places. Here are some notables ones:

• The left-hand navigation bar of the basic Windows Explorer window scrolls to the bottom.
      Strangely, this doesn't occur in the main part of the Windows Explorer window.
    • Drop-down menus on websites, such as the one featured here, scroll to the bottom:

Request Product Repair Service | LG USA Support
    • In Yahoo e-mail, if the e-mail is wider than my window, it will scroll to the right.
    • Notepad: if my typing extends beyond the width of the window, allowing the option of scrolling to the right to read it all,
      it WILL scroll to the right all by itself.
      Strangely, it won't do the same thing for scrolling down.
    • In Google Chrome as well as Microsoft Edge.
    I've tried 3 different mice - Logitech, Radioshack, and a wired mouse - it is not a mouse issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers. I've also booted in Safe Mode, and the problem remained.

Another issue is that oftentimes, drop-down menus won't even stay open for longer than a split-second. For example, the drop-down menus listed under the making of this post ("Category," "Windows topics," etc.) won't stay open long enough for me to click
    on any of the options. Weirdly enough, not all drop-down menus misbehave in this way; the other ones have the scrolling issue, as mentioned above.

I'm very frustrated with this problem. I've worked around it for months, but I'd prefer to not have to. I really would like a fix. What do you suggest?

Thank you

JoeKabuke, Jul 25, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

Hi there

What about IE11 !!!! --just enable menus from the tools section.

I know some people HATE IE11 but it's still around and actually I quite like its menu system --but then I'm old fashioned --I hate the new style of endless horizontal scrolling as per tablets / smart TV applications etc.

Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

windows 10 scrolling and drop down menus

Hello,

When I hover over a drop down menu and click it, the drop down items open but immediatley go away. I don't know how to fix this problem. Also when I have a page up that has a menu where i can scroll up and down, it automatically scrolls down and i can't
    stay somewhere in the middle. For example when i go to my programs and all my programs appear. it automatically goes to the bottom and I can't scroll up.

EricFrinak, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

1. Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus - Similar Threads - Automatic scrolling allow

2. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling down long menus: After one of the recent Windows updates, I find that I'm having a problem with a mission-critical app.I use a modular synth application called "VCV Rack" here in my studio. And this application, as you might imagine, has some rather long pulldown menus. However, somewhere in...
  3. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling down long menus: After one of the recent Windows updates, I find that I'm having a problem with a mission-critical app.I use a modular synth application called "VCV Rack" here in my studio. And this application, as you might imagine, has some rather long pulldown menus. However, somewhere in...
  4. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Automatic Scrolling Left/Up in Menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatic Scrolling Left/Up in Menus: Good afternoon, I recently started having an issue with Windows 10. Certain menus, scrollbars, option lists etc, will scroll automatically, either up or to the left. I've done a lot of research on this and have tried every common solution I can find short of reinstalling...
  6. Drop down menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  7. Drop Down Menus disappear

Drop Down Menus disappear: When I select an icon, the drop-down menu appears when I mouse over to select from the DDM, the DDM disappears. Examples: Outlook: I click on the send to the button, I mouse down on the list (DDM) and the list of names disappears. OneDrive: Click on the OneDrive syncing...
  8. Scrolling down menus bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling down menus bug: Hi everyone. Just wanted to report a bug and a solution. Start menu scrolling down itself, same thing in Onenote, the configuration menu etc. just as if the down touch was pressed... ! But not in Word or other things. Just with some menus. I realized my gamepad was...
  9. Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drop down menus do not work and cursor auto scrolls when auto scroll is off: When I click on the Start Menu after I click again where ever I hover my cursor starts to auto scroll. Auto scroll is Off on my mouse settings. When I click on a drop down on any website in Edge or Chrome I see the drop down the first time but can not activate a choice....
  10. Scrolling/Drop Down

Scrolling/Drop Down: Has anyone else expererienced drop down box and scrolling issues since last window update? If so, it has taken me days to sort out, but finally simply switched USB port for wireless mouse and all is fixed. Have asked and answered in oine go to hopeffuly save others time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drop down menu keeps scrolling