Windows 10: Automatic Shortcut Rename

Discus and support Automatic Shortcut Rename in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I name some shortcut with name "Control Panel" it automatically shows as "Ovládací Panely" as it's a translate of the name to a language, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PavelDobCZ23, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Automatic Shortcut Rename

Whenever I name some shortcut with name "Control Panel" it automatically shows as "Ovládací Panely" as it's a translate of the name to a language, I use with Windows. Is there any way to turn off this automatical file renaming?

:)

PavelDobCZ23, Mar 1, 2021

2. Symlink shortcut changes when folder renamed

Hi Toaster Ghost Burns Bread,

I have recreated your concern by going through these steps. Please let me know if we are on the same understanding about the issue:

1. On the Start menu, I typed %appdata% and then hit
      Enter.
    2. I created a folder under AppData and named it Test.
    3. Right-clicked the newly created folder and select Sent to > Desktop (create a shortcut) to create a shortcut.
    4. Renamed the folder to Test2.
    5. Go to the desktop. Double-clicked the shortcut and it was able to locate the renamed folder. (This is working as designed).

Just to clarify, do you want the shortcut folder to not be able to open/locate the folder when you renamed it?

We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Mar 1, 2021
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Automatic Shortcut Rename :)

terrace, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Automatic Shortcut Rename

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Automatic Shortcut Rename

1. Automatic Shortcut Rename - Similar Threads - Automatic Shortcut Rename

2. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename Shortcut Setting Modification: The windows rename shortcut setting is changed: For example, the rename shortcut is M, but you want to change it to F2 to rename a file or folder. Currently, folders can be renamed with the F2 shortcut, but the shortcut for desktop files is not F2, so I would like to change...
  3. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename Shortcut Setting Modification: The windows rename shortcut setting is changed: For example, the rename shortcut is M, but you want to change it to F2 to rename a file or folder. Currently, folders can be renamed with the F2 shortcut, but the shortcut for desktop files is not F2, so I would like to change...
  4. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shortcut changing position after renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut changing position after renaming: I created a shortcut of a shortcut from google on the desktop so that I can change the target to a specific website of that google, but when I rename that new shortcut, I have to right-click to refresh because the new shortcut is replacing my current google shortcut...
  6. Shortcut changing position after renaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut changing position after renaming: I created a shortcut of a shortcut from google on the desktop so that I can change the target to a specific website of that google, but when I rename that new shortcut, I have to right-click to refresh because the new shortcut is replacing my current google shortcut...
  7. Shortcut changing position after renaming

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How can I rename a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I rename a shortcut?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jacky-Mo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j7ccgd/how_can_i_rename_a_shortcut/
  9. TIF name automatically renamed

TIF name automatically renamed: While replacing the TIF data from one drive to desktop , i got the error code as 0x80030002. After gave skip and replace option all TIF name got shuffled automatically. I want to know the reason for the same...
  10. Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD: Hello I would like to rename a Shortcut, wich is created by a Programm but I always get "not found" as reply. I have tryed it with a textdocument on the same place and this worked perfect. And the CMD runs as admin. Details: Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1903 Program:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop Shortcut Auto rename