Windows 10: Automatic shut down

Discus and support Automatic shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonnaRhoads, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Automatic shut down

Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances.

:)

DonnaRhoads, Dec 5, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 5, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic shut down :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Automatic shut down

Windows restarting automatically after shut down

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your PC is restarting automatically after shut down
    are due to broken components on the boot configuration data of your system.
    To isolate the issue, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    SafeMode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Automatic shut down

1. Automatic shut down - Similar Threads - Automatic shut down

2. PC shutting down automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutting down automatically.: Greeting to all the people...Sir/Mam I want you too help me with an issue in my dell laptop..The issue is that whenever I put my laptop`s lid down or put it to sleep or leave it unattended it automatically shuts down...This issue I think is from some update. but I can`t...
  3. PC automatically shuts down

PC automatically shuts down: Hello. I Just need some little help with my PC. It keeps on shutting down automatically whenever I play a game or when I open chrome.When I go to the event viewer, the last error I encountered was: The cplspcon service terminated with the following errorI've also had this...
  4. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  5. Shuts down automatically....?

Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  6. Automatic shut down settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic shut down settings.: Hello, please help. As my keyboard has stopped responding on start up, and consequently I cannot log in, I want to leave my computer on all the time until I can fix the underlying problem. So where in settings do I find that. It is set to shut down if unattended for a certain...
  7. pc automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc automatically shut down: Hello, Last few days I got a huge troubles with PC. It crashed many times in game after 2-8 minutes. I received many BSOD with codes: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error or driver power state failure.In game there were log with dx11 errors. All the drivers are up to date, system too....
  8. PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY: I have downloaded windows 10 may 2020 update through Windows update Assistant. But as soon as it starts updating windows and the percent reach 13% or 17% the pc shuts down automatically. I am facing this issue throughout the day. What is the solution?...
  9. Windows Shutting Down Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Shutting Down Automatically: Hi. I am using a Dell Inspiron 5547, and lately I've been having a problem with it. Around half the time I'm entering in my password the computer shuts down by itself. I've been having this issue for about a year now. I'm not sure if this is a problem from windows or from the...
  10. Laptop shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down automatically: My Asus laptop has just started shutting down on it's own while I am still using it. Can someone help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-automatically/021eaee6-0b80-4784-b33b-7a7205b1a69a