Windows 10: automatic shutdown on laptop

Discus and support automatic shutdown on laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey y'all...laptop automatically shuts down while in use...sometimes when I turn it back on, it goes into auto repair and continues to work for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by patalo, Mar 8, 2020.

1. patalo Win User

automatic shutdown on laptop

hey y'all...laptop automatically shuts down while in use...sometimes when I turn it back on, it goes into auto repair and continues to work for awhile...what's the issue & how much will it cost...or is it time for a new laptop?...thanks!

:)

patalo, Mar 8, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 8, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Weer Win User

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Weer, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. automatic shutdown on laptop - Similar Threads - automatic shutdown laptop

2. Automatic Shutdown Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Shutdown Problem: I had a windows 10 laptop 1 month before an I upgraded it to windows 11 beta version by insider program.For first two weeks it was well but after it everytime I remove the charger from it although battery is above 70%, after 10-15 minutes It shut down itself automatically and...
  3. Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.: Pls help. My 6 month laptop restart automatically when ever I put it in shut down/sleep. This happen only working in battery only. If I plugged in and try to shut it down or sleep it will work like normal without any restarting issue. Till this day I didn't installed or...
  4. inspiron 5468 laptop shutdown automatically

inspiron 5468 laptop shutdown automatically: inspiron 5468 laptop shutdown automatically anytime. first time shutdown then second, third,..... times not gone a start more than booting process and later power botton also do not respond. SupportAssist also did not find hardware issues. please help !!!...
  5. Automatic shutdown

Automatic shutdown: My PC is automatically shut down without giving any warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shutdown/f9b8d18d-f8d1-474d-b6e7-4183b9281c73
  6. automatic shutdown

automatic shutdown: Hi, I cannot find on the power management setting where the period the computer is idle, say, on Sleep before you can automatically set it to completely shutdown> For instance, there is display turn off, sleep, hibernate, hard disk turn off, but no "Shutdowm', to completely...
  7. automatic shutdown program

in Windows 10 Support
    automatic shutdown program: Hi i was having issue with hibernation due to a program bluestacks is there any way to automatically as it goes into hibernation for computer to force close the program like in task schedule. 162839
  8. pc automaticly shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc automaticly shutdown: hey guys i just have this issue when i play csgo or fortnite sometimes valorant but this is not the riot vanguard issue because i have this issue since before valorant ans the temprary of my cpu and gpu ar lower than 50% submitted by /u/ViiAz [link] [comments]...
  9. Automatic Shutdown Windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Shutdown Windows10: Recently i have installed windows 10 on my dell laptop, now its automatically goes off, and i have to manually turn it on. when i turn it on it turning on directly to the same window or an app at the time when it goes off ,Eg, if it turned off while i was using photoshop ,...
  10. Automatic Shutdown

Automatic Shutdown: Hi, since upgrading to w10 from 8.1, automatic shutdown from task scheduler won't work. After googling i can't find a solution. It is saying "one or more of the specified arguments are invalid" which is strange as it worked in 8.1, all i have in the argument box is /s. Can...