Windows 10: Automatic shutdown pop-up since updated 21H1

Discus and support Automatic shutdown pop-up since updated 21H1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I updated 21H1, a random pop-up shows up and says "This computer is going to shut down" and it begins countdown from 10 sec. I have no clue why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jin8864, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Jin8864 Win User

Automatic shutdown pop-up since updated 21H1

Since I updated 21H1, a random pop-up shows up and says "This computer is going to shut down" and it begins countdown from 10 sec. I have no clue why it happens. Only thing I can tell is just updating Windows.

:)

Jin8864, Sep 14, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 14, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic shutdown pop-up since updated 21H1 :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 14, 2021
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Automatic shutdown pop-up since updated 21H1 - Similar Threads - Automatic shutdown pop

2. Windows shutdown pop up reminder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shutdown pop up reminder: I have maybe 50 users who are always around 20+ days of computer uptime. Although I have automated pop-up reminders that your computer has been online for 10, 14, and 18 days, they still don't reboot. For security reasons, we would like users to reboot to take updates, and...
  3. Windows shutdown pop up reminder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shutdown pop up reminder: I have maybe 50 users who are always around 20+ days of computer uptime. Although I have automated pop-up reminders that your computer has been online for 10, 14, and 18 days, they still don't reboot. For security reasons, we would like users to reboot to take updates, and...
  4. Windows shutdown pop up reminder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. update and shutdown 21h1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update and shutdown 21h1: Still this bug on 21h1 the update and shutdown wont work it keeps saying restar and actually it retstarts the system. When you logon it shuts downCan this be fixed asap cause its anyoing and its there for a long time may versions...
  6. update and shutdown 21h1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update and shutdown 21h1: Still this bug on 21h1 the update and shutdown wont work it keeps saying restar and actually it retstarts the system. When you logon it shuts downCan this be fixed asap cause its anyoing and its there for a long time may versions...
  7. update and shutdown 21h1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1

Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1: This happens from time to time when I am working, but also many times when I wake up the computer from hibertination. It started when I updated to 21H1 a couple of weeks ago.All of a sudden windows becomes super laggy and unresponsive, as if anything would use a lot of...
  9. Windows 10 popping up with a message to shutdown

Windows 10 popping up with a message to shutdown: Have a Windows 10 Pro system that while working suddenly has a shutdown window appear. All the apps that are open are closed each time. This is happening randomly throughout the day. Doesn't matter if I am on the system or just sitting doing nothing at the moment, the popup...
  10. Start up/Shutdown quirks since updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up/Shutdown quirks since updating to 20H2: I am pretty sure this all started happening after I updated to 20H2 Startup its not an actual problem relating directly to the startup process, thats fine. Its the startup tab on taskbar shows every process as not measured except for skype which is disabled. I know it works...