Windows 10: Automatic sign-out when you leave a webpage?

Discus and support Automatic sign-out when you leave a webpage? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Suppose I sign in to a forum or to other website for which I have a user name and password. If I leave that website without signing out, either by... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gogreen, May 20, 2017.

1. gogreen Win User

Automatic sign-out when you leave a webpage?

Suppose I sign in to a forum or to other website for which I have a user name and password. If I leave that website without signing out, either by closing my browser or going to another website, does that website automatically sign me out?

:)

gogreen, May 20, 2017
  2. Jessen P Win User

What happens when you leave a family? Do you lose OneDrive access from that device?

Hi,

If you leave the family, then I guess you wont have access to One drive.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 20, 2017
  3. What happens when you leave a family? Do you lose OneDrive access from that device?

I've searched and read all I can, and I can't figure this out. How can I work from two computers if I can only be in one family?

I work online, so I need access to my Microsoft account wherever I go. I even have an account set up on my parents' computer so I don't need to bring my (old and dying) laptop with me when I visit, and I can work from their computer, with access to OneDrive
    and everything. To do that, I added myself to their family as an adult. There wasn't any conflict with my laptop at the time, so I didn't think it would be a problem. Well, we just bought a new desktop PC for our home (Windows 10), with my husband the head
    of the new family, but when we tried to add me, it said I was already in a family.

At the moment, our son isn't old enough for his own account, but at some point in the future, I will want to have access to parental controls and stuff, so I will need to leave my parents' family to join my own.

My question is: What happens to my data on the other computer when I leave that family? Will it remove my login all together? Will I have an option to remain as a guest or something, or will I no longer have OneDrive access from anywhere but our desktop
    and laptops?

Limiting each person to only one family seems really unnecessarily limiting. It pretty much assumes everyone has their own laptop or tablet and doesn't seem to account for people who live at more than one place. If I'm going to lose my cloud access, I guess
    I'll have to go back to carrying around a flash drive.

GeekMomAllie, May 20, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

As a rule, no.
    Mostly, it hinges on the expiration of the site's data, (cookie).
    Most browsers can be configured to clear data on exit.

Edwin, May 20, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Also, most sites that require a log-in will prompt your Browser as to whether to save the log-in or not. If a site is questionable I don't save the log-in.

Berton, May 20, 2017
  6. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, Edwin and Berton.

gogreen, May 20, 2017
  7. An easy way to find out if it logs you out when you leave without manually signing out just re-visit the webpage after you close the tab/browser. If it saves your data/sign in you will see you are still logged in. If it doesn't save it then you will need to sign in again.

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatic sign-out when you leave a webpage? - Similar Threads - Automatic sign leave

2. Windows 11 automatically signs me out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically signs me out.: When signing in to Windows 11 with my PIN or PW, the system immediately signs me out, so I have no opportunity to find out the cause or take any corrective action....
  3. Windows 11 automatically signs me out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatically signs me out.: When signing in to Windows 11 with my PIN or PW, the system immediately signs me out, so I have no opportunity to find out the cause or take any corrective action....
  4. sign in so you don't miss out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in so you don't miss out: I can't get this box to go away. I am signed into my account . When I click on the box it asked me to enter my pin. when I do it replies "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one....
  5. sign in so you don't miss out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in so you don't miss out: I can't get this box to go away. I am signed into my account . When I click on the box it asked me to enter my pin. when I do it replies "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one....
  6. sign in so you don't miss out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.: A few days ago a storm shut off our power. Then when I get back on my pc every few minutes it signs me out with the message: You're about to be signed out, windows will restart in less than a minute. Please if anyone can help, please do my email is *** Email address is...
  8. Blocked out of support webpage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked out of support webpage.: When I search for information online, and open a Microsoft Support page, it shows for a few seconds, then the following screen pops up. Signed in or not. There is no way to sign in to view that specific page. I never had this problem until now, when I had to reinstall Windows...
  9. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...
  10. Zoom In or Out of Webpages in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Zoom In or Out of Webpages in Microsoft Edge: How to: Zoom In or Out of Webpages in Microsoft Edge How to Zoom In or Out on Webpage in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...