Windows 10: Automatic Time Change

Discus and support Automatic Time Change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want my laptop clock to change automatically whenever I move time zones. It is set to ON for automatic time, and time zone (two separate ON's to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carrotmuseum, Nov 30, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

1. Automatic Time Change

I want my laptop clock to change automatically whenever I move time zones.

It is set to ON for automatic time, and time zone (two separate ON's to press).

But I have just gone to Spain (from UK) and they are one hour ahead, but the laptop time is unaltered.

I have also done a Sync Now. but no change.

Any ideas anyone?

:)

2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

3. Win 10 Set Time Automatically Changes time AND Date

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 30, 2019 at 1:01 PM
  4. Automatic Time Change

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 30, 2019 at 1:01 PM
Thema:

Automatic Time Change

1. Automatic Time Change - Similar Threads - Automatic Change

2. Windows 10 Lockscreen Background has changed to Windows Spotlight, but automatically...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Lockscreen Background has changed to Windows Spotlight, but automatically...: Hello, I am currently using an ASUS X407MA, I have a problem in my laptop. I found out while I change the background of the lockscreen. While I tried to change into Windows Spotlight, it automatically changed into Picture. I tried to change the picture after I tried it, but...
  3. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  4. Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Picture Automatically changing to this on 1 monitor while other stays the same: Well When ever i try to change my desktop background it changes to this. please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-picture-automatically-changing-to-this-on/bb64da77-e5b6-4e29-988d-3cb952575417
  5. Undo changes automatically when updating 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undo changes automatically when updating 1909: I am trying to update my Windows from 1903 to 1909 using the Windows 10 Update Wizard. The wizard finishes its work normally and reboots the system. After rebooting the system, the screen showed that the system is being updated, but when the process reached approximately 30%,...
  6. How to stop Windows 10 from automatically changing default apps

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically changing default apps: Windows 10 keeps sporadically changing my default apps after I have set them. For example, I set PDFs to default with Acrobat and MOVs to default with Win Media Player. Randomly I receive a popup alert in the bottom of my screen from Windows, notifying me that Windows has...
  7. Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small

in Windows 10 Support
    Tutorial request - automatically change "pin to start" size to small: Hi there, I'd like to request a tutorial or be guided on how to automatically change the "pin to start" icon size to the small icon size instead of it being pinned as a medium sized icon. This way instead of going to the start menu, resizing & moving icons, they get pinned...
  8. Windows 10 Timezone wont change and automatically changes to Canada... Im British

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Timezone wont change and automatically changes to Canada... Im British: I reset my computer a few weeks back and have been having issues ever since, windows backup files wont leave and are taking about 200gb on my second hard drive. The time I have to set manually and when I click to change the timezone it wont save it or update towards that...
  9. Energy Profile automatic change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Energy Profile automatic change: Windows change automatic the profile of energy when open one app or game, that is a problem for me. how disable this behavior. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/energy-profile-automatic-change/7bdcd89e-26ee-4f2f-b001-4b33483e102d
  10. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...