Windows 10: Automatic Time Change

Discus and support Automatic Time Change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want my laptop clock to change automatically whenever I move time zones. It is set to ON for automatic time, and time zone (two separate ON's to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carrotmuseum, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Automatic Time Change

I want my laptop clock to change automatically whenever I move time zones.

It is set to ON for automatic time, and time zone (two separate ON's to press).

But I have just gone to Spain (from UK) and they are one hour ahead, but the laptop time is unaltered.

I have also done a Sync Now. but no change.

Any ideas anyone?

:)

carrotmuseum, Nov 30, 2019
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Win 10 Set Time Automatically Changes time AND Date

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Automatic Time Change

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Automatic Time Change

1. Automatic Time Change - Similar Threads - Automatic Change

2. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  3. automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic change of the display scale when disconnected from docking station: Hello Everyone, I use two monitors. the original one of the laptop and an additional external monitor extending displays. I use a docking station when I am working which allows me to use the two monitors. Sometimes I use the laptop on its own without the additional screen....
  4. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices: My company have >20 windows 10/11 users getting incorrect timezone CST instead of Pacific Time when connecting to wifi APs in a Los Angels building. They got the right timezone in a nearby building within 100 meter. Both good and bad building are sharing the same 4 public...
  5. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices: My company have >20 windows 10/11 users getting incorrect timezone CST instead of Pacific Time when connecting to wifi APs in a Los Angels building. They got the right timezone in a nearby building within 100 meter. Both good and bad building are sharing the same 4 public...
  6. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made: I recently upgraded to windows 11. Everytime I start my computer it starts doing some update to it, it takes about a few minutes. Then it says something along these lines: "Something went wrong, don't worry, we'll revert the chnages". Then it restarts, starts reverting...
  8. Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made

Pc does automatic windows 11 update just to revert all changes made: I recently upgraded to windows 11. Everytime I start my computer it starts doing some update to it, it takes about a few minutes. Then it says something along these lines: "Something went wrong, don't worry, we'll revert the chnages". Then it restarts, starts reverting...
  9. My laptop isn't automatically changing to account for the time change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't automatically changing to account for the time change: Whenever I try to update or sync my time to the area I live in Pacific Time my laptop says that I'm synced and up to date but according to all my other devices I'm one hour behind. So far I've tried going through settings and using the control panel to try and update it, can...
  10. My laptop isn't automatically changing to account for the time change

My laptop isn't automatically changing to account for the time change: Whenever I try to update or sync my time to the area I live in Pacific Time my laptop says that I'm synced and up to date but according to all my other devices I'm one hour behind. So far I've tried going through settings and using the control panel to try and update it, can...