Windows 10: Automatic typing in any search window

Discus and support Automatic typing in any search window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP all-in-one Envy that had been running Windows 10 for several months. Out of the blue, every search window that popped up started to auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JennJ74, Jun 8, 2020.

1. JennJ74 Win User

Automatic typing in any search window

I have an HP all-in-one Envy that had been running Windows 10 for several months. Out of the blue, every search window that popped up started to auto type the following characters: -xdf'. I changed keyboards, thinking the issue was stuck keys or something similar. Two other keyboards had the same issue. Googled the problem from a different pc! and found some people were having a similar problem related to Windows 10. Found an update that wasn't installed and installed it. Worked fine for several days but then it came back on 6/3. There were no new updates to install. I went ahead and did the "Fresh Start" option which is supposed to reinstall the latest Windows version. It was a pain because it did remove several apps I had and didn't save my internet shortcuts. Got everything set up and things worked great...until today - it's back! I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows every 5 days. No viruses or malware have been found on the machine, either. I have an appointment to take it in for repair but the soonest appointment wasn't until June 14th.

Any help suggestions would need to be able to be accessed via mouse clicks only...I can't search anything as the window automatically fills up with those characters over and over. If I try to delete them, the instant they are deleted, they reappear. I'm currently using my work pc to type this, so I'm pretty desperate for a solution! This is what it looks like when I click my Windows start button sorry for crappy quality of pic!:

Automatic typing in any search window 06424a87-6548-4b1b-9dcc-c98e6ea2defb?upload=true.jpg

:)

JennJ74, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 8, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic typing in any search window :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Automatic typing in any search window - Similar Threads - Automatic typing search

2. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disabling automatic search when typing in search box: Windows File Explorer is now automatically searching when you start typing in the search box. Previously, it would only search after you pressed enter. However, after the latest update, you cannot disable this feature. Even if you change the radio button selection under...
  3. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling automatic search when typing in search box: Windows File Explorer is now automatically searching when you start typing in the search box. Previously, it would only search after you pressed enter. However, after the latest update, you cannot disable this feature. Even if you change the radio button selection under...
  4. disabling automatic search when typing in search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. search automatically close when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search automatically close when typing: I have a sudden issue on my Windows. My search box automatically close when typing. It is weird and I cant do anything on it. How can I address it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-automatically-close-when-typing/ca3cf3b9-5d8b-469f-8f14-72deb8e74208
  6. search automatically close when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search automatically close when typing: I have a sudden issue on my Windows. My search box automatically close when typing. It is weird and I cant do anything on it. How can I address it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-automatically-close-when-typing/ca3cf3b9-5d8b-469f-8f14-72deb8e74208
  7. search automatically close when typing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 can't type in any search bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't type in any search bars: All of a sudden the search bar stopped working. When I click on it it sets focus and then looses it. I cannot search for anything even in the file folder search. I've tried all 10 things that are supposed to fix this several times each and nothing works....
  9. Windows 10 can't type in any search bars

in Cortana
    Windows 10 can't type in any search bars: All of a sudden the search bar stopped working. When I click on it it sets focus and then looses it. I cannot search for anything even in the file folder search. I've tried all 10 things that are supposed to fix this several times each and nothing works....
  10. How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn on the automatic - start typing to search - search: Hey all! Forewarning, I don't know the technical name of this feature which has made it super hard to try and fix. Currently, when I search in the File Explorer it makes me press a little right-pointing arrow before it actually searches. I'm used to typing in the word and...