Windows 10: Automatic update cleared data

Discus and support Automatic update cleared data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was on my brand new (2/11/2019) Lenovo laptop working with a 3rd party app. I had saved may work many times over 4 hours. I paused to take a phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkAugustinTN, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Automatic update cleared data

I was on my brand new (2/11/2019) Lenovo laptop working with a 3rd party app. I had saved may work many times over 4 hours. I paused to take a phone call, but did hit save in my program. After 45 minutes I turned back to continue on my project and the screen was light blue and said do not turn off your computer, windows updates blah blah blah. I waited about 10 minutes and it continued the loading, then shut down, then rebooted. Outlook came up right away but that was it. The program I was working on did not load. So I open it and then the file I was working on. It opened but it

opened back to to where I stopped yesterday. How did Windows such down and update my PC with programs open and not ask for permission. I saved

my 4 hours of work many times today. Why didn't make get saved. How do I get my work back? I looked at system restore, but the restore point was even earlier than what I have saved now. I tried Widows recovery but that can'r even find the drive or what ever. Any ideas? I know it's only 4 freaking hours, but any other time, update won't do anything with open apps.

:)

MarkAugustinTN, Feb 13, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 13, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic update cleared data :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Vonnjy Win User

Automatic update cleared data

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

One step missing:

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • **Settings
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear

Vonnjy, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Automatic update cleared data

1. Automatic update cleared data - Similar Threads - Automatic update cleared

2. How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  3. How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How NOT to automatically clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  4. How NOT to automatic clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How NOT to automatic clear Clipboard Data at Reboot for Performance? when reboot in the...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  5. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  6. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  7. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit: [ATTACH]If you want to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit, here is how you can do that. You can automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit via Chrome’s Settings panel, or you can set things up with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry...
  9. Clearing Voice Data

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing Voice Data: I have been trying to clear/delete voice data in Microsoft for the last week and keep getting the same error response: Clearing your voice data Something went wrong and we weren’t able to clear the data. Waiting a bit might help.Try again I get the same response whether...
  10. Clearing (and restoring) Private data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clearing (and restoring) Private data: Hi I have some Questions about „cleaning“ up or removing personal/private data & configuration from a Windows 10 PC. It is about a PC that should be sent to the Vendor to get repaired. It is not my PC but from a friend. Usually in such a case I would create an image from...