Windows 10: Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

Discus and support Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobynWeaver, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an operating system. Which should not be the case, because I ALREADY HAD WINDOWS 10. After that message, my computer attempted to perform automatic repairs was unable to perform the repairs. I attempted to reset my computer, and that also failed. I attempted to restore my computer to a previous version of Windows, but that also failed, because it seems that the Windows files are missing. My hard drive is not a full-size hard drive, because it is a smaller, tablet-sized laptop, so the Geek Squad couldn't even back up my files. The computer is now useless, and all of my grad school work is gone. There seem to be so many reports of updates causing problems, one would think a company as large as Microsoft would consider fixing the issue. But I guess as long as the money keeps rolling in, who really cares how many people's lives have been affected by your sub-par work, right?

That being said, if anyone knows a back door I can use to recover my files, please share. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that a year and a half of grad school work is just gone.

:)

RobynWeaver, Sep 13, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 13, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 13, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

1. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop - Similar Threads - Automatic Update Completely

2. windows update that wipes my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update that wipes my laptop: I'm hating windows more every day. now it automatically "updates" my laptop, and in the course wipes off all the data and programs. then, when I try to get things back as they were, I'm not allowed any browser but the Edge, named after the musician that tried to massacre...
  3. How To Wipe My Laptop Completely Clean No Name No Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Wipe My Laptop Completely Clean No Name No Nothing: I am selling this laptop and I am literally trying to wipe it clean, and make it a whole new laptop just as if it came out the box. Thank you. submitted by /u/gravedigger777 [link] [comments]...
  4. Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop

Need help completely wiping a windows 10 laptop: I'm planning to give this laptop away as a christmas gift here's the problem its one of those laptops in which the OS takes up more than half of the space I tired to reset it to factory setting and it says I need 4GB of space free to do it I've tried everything from running...
  5. Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC

Windows Update Completely Wiped my PC: When I updated my Windows PC, all my files disappeared, all my settings got reset, and my PC got reset to default all across the board. Now I need a way to restore what I had on it. I had a file history backup, bit File History wasn't detecting my backup, so I had to manually...
  6. Complete reset/wipe of laptop

Complete reset/wipe of laptop: Hi i have a Windows 10 hp laptop that i have recently replaced, and wish to fully take back to factory settings for then to set up again as a second usable laptop. i have always had problems with freezing etc. I wish to do a complete and full clear and reset. my query is...
  7. Wiping my laptop

Wiping my laptop: I have a hp laptop with windows 10, and need to reset it and remove my files before I give it away. However, when I try to reset it in the Recovery settings, there is an error message. I also tried to follow a method to use DBAN and reboot from a USB, but no matter how many...
  8. Windows update wiped my whole laptop

Windows update wiped my whole laptop: The latest Windows 10 update seemed to crash while in progress and wiped everything off my laptop including downloaded software (like FL studio) and every file/document. I've tried recovering things using windows.old and data recovery options (like EaseUS) but this hasn't...
  9. Automatic update wipes desktop

Automatic update wipes desktop: The recent automatic Windows update (November 2018) has wiped my desktop. I just got a box saying something about a corrupted file. What can I do to get it back?...
  10. How to wipe files completely from laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to wipe files completely from laptop?: I have document on my computer and they are documents and also pictures/videos on my computer. Many of the documents are private documents so i just axcrypt to encrypt it. However, how do i delete all these files without any trace on computer? Do i just press delete, recycle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update has wiped my laptop

2. what happened that my computer got wiped after cummulative update