Windows 10: Automatic update deleted all my files

Discus and support Automatic update deleted all my files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer was literally on and it just restarts out of nowhere and then all my files are gone once I log back in. I’m in college so it would be nice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ciscowizneski, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Automatic update deleted all my files

My computer was literally on and it just restarts out of nowhere and then all my files are gone once I log back in. I’m in college so it would be nice to get my fucking files back. Thanks.

submitted by /u/ciscowizneski
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ciscowizneski, Nov 27, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 27, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic update deleted all my files :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Automatic update deleted all my files

files are automatically deleting

whenever i downloading or copying zip file in my PC they are deleting automatically.

• My storage sense is off
    • I have added Exclusion for the zip file type.
    • I have deleted all the windows updates ( enabled to delete some of them as window is not providing permission to do so)

anshugupta2, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Automatic update deleted all my files

1. Automatic update deleted all my files - Similar Threads - Automatic update deleted

2. Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop: Logged in and realized everything I saved on my desktop is gone, only icons left are Edge and the bin. I saw others asking similar questions but theirs are a display problem, while the files are still there. My problem is my files are actually GONE.I tried to access them by...
  3. Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatically deleted all my files on desktop: Logged in and realized everything I saved on my desktop is gone, only icons left are Edge and the bin. I saw others asking similar questions but theirs are a display problem, while the files are still there. My problem is my files are actually GONE.I tried to access them by...
  4. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  5. Windows update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deleted all my files: The latest Windows update has really done some bizarre things. I am not sure what is going on at Microsoft but these updates are really messing up my system. The last one in August stopped all games that used Unreal Engine from working and this one has taken it to another...
  6. All Files Deleted after an Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Files Deleted after an Automatic Update: I lost all my files after my two computers updated automatically to Windows 10 Version 21H1. Why is this happening?Some apps like Calculator , don't work after the update. Please someone must resolve this dreadful update....
  7. all my data is deleted after an automatic update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my data is deleted after an automatic update?: I shut my computer down the night before and when I woke up and turned on my pc, all my data was gone. It looks like a new computer. All the wallpapers are the original ones, I have no folders, and etc. Can someone tell me why/help?...
  8. Update deleted all my files

Update deleted all my files: Hi, I went to turn my computer on, and my computer began to install updates. When it finally finished, all of my files were deleted. Everything. I tried to restore it, but there is no restore point data either. How do I get all my information back? Thanks! Caitlyn...
  9. Latest updates deleting all my files

Latest updates deleting all my files: On 8/282019 my computer did an update and all my files were lost. All my videos, pictures etc. All my programs are still installed but lost all my files. I called Microsoft Support because I pay a monthly fee for support and the said my files were gone and basically my comp...
  10. Windows update delete ALL MY FILES

Windows update delete ALL MY FILES: Hello there, i do manual update on my freshy reinstalled work laptop. After that (which takes litteraly hours) finaly i realize that the only remaining thing from my hard disk is probably the desktop picture. I have a previous Windows.old folder where was all my important...