Windows 10: Automatic Update in Windows Defender

Discus and support Automatic Update in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I've wondered why Windows security just doesn't automatically update new anti virus updates as not everyone checks ? Safer all round... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jerry200, Jul 23, 2020.

1. jerry200 Win User

Automatic Update in Windows Defender

Hi I've wondered why Windows security just doesn't automatically update new anti virus updates as not everyone checks ?

Safer all round

[Original Title: Windows defender]

:)

jerry200, Jul 23, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 4, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Automatic Update in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Automatic Update Defender

2. Windows Defender Signature Updates not working automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Signature Updates not working automatically: hello,i have an issue with Defender signature updates. We have a Win10 Enterprise LTSC Client 21H2 which is connected to an internal WSUS-Server above GPO.The problem is, that the signature updates doesnt work automatically. Manually starting the defender updates work.Also...
  3. Windows Defender Signature Updates not working automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Signature Updates not working automatically: hello,i have an issue with Defender signature updates. We have a Win10 Enterprise LTSC Client 21H2 which is connected to an internal WSUS-Server above GPO.The problem is, that the signature updates doesnt work automatically. Manually starting the defender updates work.Also...
  4. Windows Defender Signature Updates not working automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Automatic scan after defender update?

Automatic scan after defender update?: Hello, On my laptop, a quick scan is performed after each defender update. I wanted to set it up on the second laptop without Insider, which obviously doesn't do it, but I didn't figure out where to set it up. Please help Thank you...
  6. Windows Defender - MpSigStub updating executable with Windows Defender & Automatic Updates...

Windows Defender - MpSigStub updating executable with Windows Defender & Automatic Updates...: Trying to find a cause for this - We have workstations running McAfee VSE and McAfee Agent. Windows Defender is disabled, and Windows Updates are turned off to not update automatically. There is a new CVE that is showing up on the vulnerability scans for one of our...
  7. Defender - How to update automatically

Defender - How to update automatically: I'd like to know how to configure Windows Defender to auto update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-how-to-update-automatically/2b446778-f4c8-4580-beaa-e5532f7f332f
  8. Automatic Defender Updates

Automatic Defender Updates: I have my Defender setting to get automatic updates but every time I go to my computer (about once a week), it says my definitions are not updated. It is time consuming as well. Can anyone advise me about this? Thank you....
  9. Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?

Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?: I have Window Defender running and it checks for updates on Startup. I always tell it to update. How do I set it to update automatically when updates are available. I looked thru the program, but did not see an Option for that. Can someone Advise me? Thanks for any...
  10. defender automatic update and scan

defender automatic update and scan: first let me say I am on a metered network....so my automatic update of windows 10 operating system is switched off...only operates on my command altho the defender update says it is automatic.i have to prompt every time....is this because of my "switched off " status.......