Windows 10: Automatic Update without permission

Discus and support Automatic Update without permission in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why did my laptop just initiate a looooong update without my permission?I’m in the middle of completing an assignment. I have limited time because I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmyMurray5, May 5, 2021.

1. Automatic Update without permission

Why did my laptop just initiate a looooong update without my permission?I’m in the middle of completing an assignment. I have limited time because I’m a parent and I work as well as study. I finally have a short amount of time to myself and my computer goes into updates with out asking me first when I had multiple documents open and webpages for research. I’m praying they all come back when it starts up again!! Why didn’t it ask me first?

:)

AmyMurray5, May 5, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 5, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic Update without permission :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 5, 2021
  4. Automatic Update without permission

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Automatic Update without permission

1. Automatic Update without permission - Similar Threads - Automatic Update without

2. My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.: I'm using Window 10 and I have an account on microsoft.com website. My device info has been displayed on microsoft.com many times though I removed it from settings. Recently, there have been issues happening to me. Excel file is opened and appeared automatically; some words...
  3. My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My info laptop appearing automatically on microsoft.com without permission.: I'm using Window 10 and I have an account on microsoft.com website. My device info has been displayed on microsoft.com many times though I removed it from settings. Recently, there have been issues happening to me. Excel file is opened and appeared automatically; some words...
  4. Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission: So, yesterday I installed Win 11 just to try it out. I reverted back to Win 10 an hour later. This morning when I booted up my PC. I get a windows update saying that Win 11 has started downloading. I couldn't stop it as an individual update. Now, I'm forced to install Win 11...
  5. Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission: So, yesterday I installed Win 11 just to try it out. I reverted back to Win 10 an hour later. This morning when I booted up my PC. I get a windows update saying that Win 11 has started downloading. I couldn't stop it as an individual update. Now, I'm forced to install Win 11...
  6. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  7. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating without permission: Hi, I was just wondering what I can do to stop windows from updating without my permission. I've searched through the settings and the option to notify me is gone. Last night I lost a lot of work because I had it opened when the computer was put to sleep, but this morning the...
  8. Windows updating without permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. why microsoft automatically do without my permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why microsoft automatically do without my permission: hellow, i am using windows 10 build 1909 version.the problem is windows installed applications or games like candy crash , or avast antivirus without my permission.in addition i am using limited bandwidth and it using so much data.i am completely disgusted with this.i dont...
  10. Windows update without Permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update without Permission?: Last night left computer running, because it was connected to automation printer which ran program directly from computer. Woke up found that my PC has been restarted because of some small update. Whole 8 hour printing work gone and materjal lost from it? Seriously whose...