Windows 10: Automatic updates and restart password

Discus and support Automatic updates and restart password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a two part issue. I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop and they behave differently for updates and restarts. Desktop updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomHus, Jan 17, 2020.

1. TomHus Win User

Automatic updates and restart password

This is a two part issue. I have 2 computers, a desktop and a laptop and they behave differently for updates and restarts.

Desktop updates automatically I leave computer on all the time, monitor goes to sleep but I have to enter Microsoft password to enable home screen after start up.

Laptop is always plugged in and put to sleep but it does not update automatically. When I go to settings - update- search for updates, it downloads, I nstalls, and restarts but I don't need to enter any password.

Any clues how to eliminate the need for password on desktop and get laptop to update automatically?

:)

TomHus, Jan 17, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 17, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic updates and restart password :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 17, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Automatic updates and restart password :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Automatic updates and restart password - Similar Threads - Automatic updates restart

2. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  3. How to stop automatic restart for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic restart for update: Recently I was not using my laptop for a while and when I returned I found it had restarted. In that weird way though where the lock screen changes to the default. When I log in unsaved files had been closed which is stupid. There was no update in Windows update history which...
  4. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic restart scheduled for important updates: A red window appeared on my screen today, saying “Automatic restart scheduled for important updates.” It goes on to say that I need to restart now to get a newer version of Windows 10, because my present version is nearing the end of service. But this window totally locks my...
  5. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  6. Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts

Windows 10 Updates and Automatic Restarts: Quick Summary: Windows 10 updates and restarts automatically without warning or notification. Any running operation or unsaved work gets lost. Can this be modified/disabled? Details: 1 I recognize the importance of updates due to security and other reasons. Updates are...
  7. Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic Restarts After Recent Updates: Since the updates (apparently released or at least installed yesterday evening 8PM PA time), my computer automatically restarts once every hour or so. What is strange is that this only occurs if I am watching a particular Streaming Service (Disney Plus) on Chrome. I thought...
  8. Automatic restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic restarts: I bought a new Lenova IdeaCentre January 2019 and it worked great for about 3 weeks, then for some reason it would automatically restart when I would close my browser, and occasionally out of the clear blue while doing browsing, facebooking or just doing anything in general....
  9. Automatically update on restart(Windows 10)

Automatically update on restart(Windows 10): Heya! Sorry for my really bad english for the first. For the second: Sometimes Windows crashes, because of the nVidia driver I think. When it's happen, I reset the computer, and Windows instead of boot up, it's updating itself sometimes. Can I turn off that annoying...
  10. Windows Update Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Automatic Restart: Hello, I just wanted to say here on the forums that making the Windows update restart my computer automatically, no matter what, is ridiculous. The last time the update had restarted my computer while I was using it, I went and put the settings to the option of "choose when...