Windows 10: Automatic updates are a pain.

Discus and support Automatic updates are a pain. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone suggest an alternate opoerating system, Windows 10 was bad enough, now it does updates without giving me a choice, and causes more problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hobbyman#55, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Automatic updates are a pain.

Can anyone suggest an alternate opoerating system, Windows 10 was bad enough, now it does updates without giving me a choice, and causes more problems than cures, all under the excuse of security. Adobe Elements quit working after last update, If no better choice available, I am temped to go back to Windows XP.

:)

Hobbyman#55, Jul 17, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 17, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic updates are a pain. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 17, 2018
  4. bigscale Win User

Automatic updates are a pain.

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Automatic updates are a pain.

1. Automatic updates are a pain. - Similar Threads - Automatic updates are

2. Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.: Hi everyone. : Hopefully someone can help me as nothing else on the internet seems to help with this problem. I've just brought a new laptop with the following specs:Intel i7 13700H CPU32GB 3200Mhz RAMIntel AX211 Wifi CardNvidia Geforce 4060 GPU2x 1TB PCI-E Solid State...
  3. Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Updating Apps Painfully Slow.: Hi everyone. : Hopefully someone can help me as nothing else on the internet seems to help with this problem. I've just brought a new laptop with the following specs:Intel i7 13700H CPU32GB 3200Mhz RAMIntel AX211 Wifi CardNvidia Geforce 4060 GPU2x 1TB PCI-E Solid State...
  4. Start menu in pain.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu in pain.: Hello there. Please, can you explain me how to remove recommended section\panel in Windows 11? Not items - whole section. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-in-pain/6fee44db-87a5-412c-89a5-e8d9cfaccb14
  5. The pain of the Windows 10 and their wretched updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The pain of the Windows 10 and their wretched updates: Am I the only user who is about to switch to Apple because of the continued unhappiness caused by the endless updates - that come without a warning and slow my PC right down, leaving me to wander if there is something wrong with my computer? How can you tell that an update,...
  6. Windows 10 Update 2004 is a Pain to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update 2004 is a Pain to install: I'm currently on Windows 10 update 1909 and was recently prompted by Windows Update to update to version 2004. The update failed(for whatever reason) and so I decided to try to troubleshoot and force the update. I tried using the windows update assistant tool(which said my...
  7. Keyboard painfully broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard painfully broken: Every few hours my keyboard will suddenly shut down from responding to correctly, my CapsLk will lock and typing any character will either result in no reaction or the keyboard typing "b" repeatedly or text similar to "n3/ b/". Even restarting my Laptop will not fix it, nor...
  8. Errors BSOD and pain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors BSOD and pain: This all started 5 or 4 days ago and its driving me crazy. Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0x00000000 Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000...
  9. WINDOWS UPDATES ARE NOW A REAL PAIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS UPDATES ARE NOW A REAL PAIN: After years of worrying about Windows Security and its weakness, its finally been resolved and is now top class. However just when you feel you can enjoy Windows 10. We have a real problem with updates . I am at the point of going to Apple. I cant think of the full number...
  10. Windows 10 update - painfully slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update - painfully slow: Never seen this issue with Windows 7; I'm using a 10Mb connection which works fine when downloading anything else, but Windows Update is stuck on 2% for the past hour. Any help appreciated, P. 35593