Windows 10: Automatic updates hurt more than help.

Discus and support Automatic updates hurt more than help. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello to my fellow Windows 10 users. I am writing in an effort to possibly shed light on Microsoft's insistence that updates be automatic. Every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DF5, Sep 14, 2019.

1. DF5
    DF5 Win User

Automatic updates hurt more than help.

Hello to my fellow Windows 10 users.

I am writing in an effort to possibly shed light on Microsoft's insistence that updates be automatic. Every time (that is 100%) Microsoft sends an update, my machine craps out. Is this a "planned obsolescence" tactic?

Last night, I left a perfectly working machine. This morning, I came back to that same machine to find that Microsoft sent out an update and that the system had locked up during the reboot.

My diagnostics indicate that everything passed in hardware; hard drive, ram and such.

Auto repair was unable to correct the problem. I tried several other available options including rolling back from the last update, but, for whatever reason, Windows informed me that it was unable to do so.

The machine I am currently writing this post from is the same machine that had the windows update related failure. I simply removed the Windows drive and plugged in my Ubuntu drive. The system booted right up and is working flawlessly.

The failure is a Windows 10 update issue!

And yes, I realize I can unplug from the internet at night. While terribly inconvenient, it is effective. But most of the time I leave everything connected as I run applications overnight which need an internet connection.

The only available solution is to recover the system. And while there is an option to spare my files from deletion, it still requires me to reinstall the OS and ALL OF MY APPLICATIONS! Does Microsoft think I have nothing better to do with my time??

I wish someone with the resources would challenge Microsoft via the legal system. How is it that they are not required to obtain permission to access my machine?

:)

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 25, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic updates hurt more than help. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 25, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Automatic updates hurt more than help. - Similar Threads - Automatic updates hurt

2. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once: I purchased an app on the Microsoft store and was billed more than once for it. How can I contact support and speak to a real person about my issue. The automated reply tells me to go the the website and the website is not helpful. How can I find help ?...
  3. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once: I purchased an app on the Microsoft store and was billed more than once for it. How can I contact support and speak to a real person about my issue. The automated reply tells me to go the the website and the website is not helpful. How can I find help ?...
  4. Getting Help For Being Charged More Than Once

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  6. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  7. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Please help! Same issue more than year!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help! Same issue more than year!: The same issue is more than a year! I can't find the resolution online. The funniest, I still can change my password when I click "Forgot password" but when trying to login it doesn't work[IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628
  10. Update annoying more than a month.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update annoying more than a month.: Update annoying more than a month. Last time three days update continued if 100% arrived message appears. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x80244018. Really annoying update i can'nt use the computer....