Windows 10: automatic updates

Discus and support automatic updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I prevent ALL automatic updates permanently ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BeckyProdzinski, Feb 13, 2020.

1. automatic updates

How do I prevent ALL automatic updates permanently ?

:)

BeckyProdzinski, Feb 13, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 13, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile automatic updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 13, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

automatic updates

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

automatic updates

1. automatic updates - Similar Threads - automatic updates

2. Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?: Hi. I have a 1Tb+1Tb Raid 0 Array (D Drive) that I use to store my Photos and Videos, Music Library, Games, Movies, TV Shows and E-Books among other stuff. I currently back up the above folders (except my games and the other stuff that I mentioned) to OneDrive manually i.e...
  3. Windows February 11 and February 13 automatic updates resulted in error msg "We can't sign...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows February 11 and February 13 automatic updates resulted in error msg "We can't sign...: Automated updates recently applied to Windows 10 resulted in my inability to log into my account. I can see all of my files when I reboot in Safe Mode. I was able to recover three times by doing a Restore from a previous checkpoint but the auto updates clobbered me again...
  4. AUTOMATIC UPDATE SETTING NOT WORKING.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AUTOMATIC UPDATE SETTING NOT WORKING.: Hi, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S340 Touch notebook laptop with the latest version of Windows 10 1909 plus the latest version of the Microsoft Edge web browser that will show up in the next update. I have metered Internet access. I went to Settings and checked the box that...
  5. Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device?

Is it possible to disable automatic driver updates for only one selected device?: I have got a Wi-Fi card on RTL8192CU chip, and the newest drivers for it sucks so I am downgrading it. But due to automatic driver updates, I have to downgrade it 1/2 times a week. I don' t want to completely disable auto driver updates, I just want to disable it for Wi-Fi...
  6. How to turn off automatic update downloads?

How to turn off automatic update downloads?: The Win10 automatic update downloads are starting to interfere with my usage. I'll be playing VR around 1700~1800 at night and Windows decides to peg my harddrive with update downloads, causing all sorts of WMR/SteamVR freezes and basically ruins my gaming. I have usage...
  7. Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Windows 10 Automatic Updates: I'm guessing this question has been asked and answered a few times. But I can't seem to find the answer. I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1909 last month. I'm assuming that all updates need to be installed. I may be wrong, but I don't know enough about it to determine what's...
  8. Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel?

Where exactly is the option to disable automatic updates in settings or control panel?: This is shady to the next level... I cant find the disable automatic updates option in control panel, like in Windows 7 or 8 and not even in the useless ugly settings "app", wtf? submitted by /u/Booster2000 [link] [comments]...
  9. Latest windows 10 automatic update

Latest windows 10 automatic update: Hi all, After the recent windows 10 auto update my computer will not go to desktop anymore. It looks like it is caught in some sort of loop and all I get is a black screen. When I hit cntrl+alt+del I get the screen where I can change user, restart, lock etc. Restarting is...
  10. Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Business, Automatic Updates & Power Settings: Forgive me - I don't know much about this, but so far my company is at a loss. We manage 12 offices, all running Windows 10 Enterprise. We have several machines that run necessary USB connected scanning related devices and eSignature pads. We've recently started running...