Windows 10: automatic updates

Discus and support automatic updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows update kb4560960 causes my Brother MFC-240C printer to stop printing. When I remove it automatic updates puts it back. How can I choose which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobhood1, Jul 5, 2020.

1. bobhood1 Win User

automatic updates

windows update kb4560960 causes my Brother MFC-240C printer to stop printing. When I remove it automatic updates puts it back. How can I choose which updates to install.

Bob Hood

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

bobhood1, Jul 5, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 5, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile automatic updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 5, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

automatic updates

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

automatic updates

1. automatic updates - Similar Threads - automatic updates

2. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  3. Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop does not update refresh automatically since Windows 7 until Windows 11: This is a rant here. This problem has persisted since Windows 7 and reached Windows 11 without a fix. I have been using Windows for 30 years and from Windows XP onwards this problem did not exist. I'm tired of this happening so much, that is, you make some changes to files...
  4. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  5. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  6. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...
  8. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...
  9. If i close my Microsoft account, will my automatic Windows 10 updates to my PC stop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If i close my Microsoft account, will my automatic Windows 10 updates to my PC stop?: If i close my Microsoft account, will my automatic Windows 10 updates to my PC stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-close-my-microsoft-account-will-my-automatic/841cb1a7-5bad-41f9-a22d-8f9691f23f98
  10. Microsoft System Update loads of weird stuff automatically to my computer under an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft System Update loads of weird stuff automatically to my computer under an...: Hello, this was automatically downloaded to my machine as part of the system updates last Thursday. I has specifically asked for the update not to take place until after the Easter weekend and my request was automatically overruled meaning my computer was unusable over...