Windows 10: Automatic updating? Not here!

Discus and support Automatic updating? Not here! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My settings says Defender updates automatically. It does not. Every 2 or 3 days, it is out of date and I have to manually update. And the first attempt... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeQuinn, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Automatic updating? Not here!

My settings says Defender updates automatically. It does not. Every 2 or 3 days, it is out of date and I have to manually update. And the first attempt does not always take because I get an error message about the connection timing out. I am not on a metered system. Any ideas?

:)

GeorgeQuinn, Apr 20, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 20, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatic updating? Not here! :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 20, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

Automatic updating? Not here!

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Automatic updating? Not here!

1. Automatic updating? Not here! - Similar Threads - Automatic updating here

2. Windows 10 automatically compressing files? Here’s the fix!

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 automatically compressing files? Here’s the fix!: [ATTACH]Does Windows 10 keep on compressing files automatically? If so, you can fix this issue by following the methods listed in this post. Here, we are going to share multiple working solutions to fix Windows 10 automatically compressing files issue. File compression is...
  3. automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    automatic updates: windows update kb4560960 causes my Brother MFC-240C printer to stop printing. When I remove it automatic updates puts it back. How can I choose which updates to install. Bob Hood *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. automatic update

automatic update: My 'automatic update' is not listed in services and I have to 'check for updates' every day. Request help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update/ff0b60a6-0c54-4986-8035-e6b88614e068
  5. Automatic updates

Automatic updates: I am getting updated every day for Windows 10. How can I stop automatic updates and do them on my own? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-updates/602cff1b-fb0f-4ce5-946d-8d40aa9b9315
  6. automatic updates

automatic updates: How can i stop updates to Windows 10 from downloading at inconvenient times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-updates/b2289718-0412-4e65-8918-8cca0d45bab5
  7. Automatic Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Automatic Updates?: My general practice is to turn on our PC check for updates, allow any to process then browse or whatever. Then the PC is either put to sleep or turned off. Using this process I do not have automatic update processing therefore I assume either my PC must be left on or left on...
  8. Anniversary Update - Here It Comes!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update - Here It Comes!: Crap! I see "update to Windows 10, version 1607" is available, and will be installed on my computer tonight! Which means, tomorrow: 1. I won't be able to disable the Lock Screen. I will be forced to look at a "pretty picture" before I will be allowed to log on to my own...
  9. Anniversary Update - a no go here

Anniversary Update - a no go here: Windows tried to install the anniversary update. Downloaded fine - restarted itself with the normal percent completed figures then after restarting got the - 'System Thread Exception Not Handled' message. Fortunately it auto restored the previous version of Win10 so no...
  10. Minecraft Ender Update is here

in Windows 10 News
    Minecraft Ender Update is here: Dragons! The End! Igloos! All this and more come to Pocket / Win 10 It’s a great day for Pocket and Windows 10 Edition players! We’ve just released The Ender Update, bringing the version number up to 1.0. And hey - just in case you're having a little panic, don't worry -...