Windows 10: Automatic wifi connection at boot up

Discus and support Automatic wifi connection at boot up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When can we expect a patch for auto connect at boot up. It worked fine for years, until a major update to release 10 a few months ago. A 10 step... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnPolish, May 30, 2019.

1. Automatic wifi connection at boot up

When can we expect a patch for auto connect at boot up. It worked fine for years, until a major update to release 10 a few months ago. A 10 step

internal code procedure is not a satisfactory response.

:)

JohnPolish, May 30, 2019

2. Assigning a default WiFi connection

Is there any specific way to force Windows to connect to a certain WiFi connection?

Since my PC keeps connecting to a commercial WiFi hotspot rather than to my home network when it boots.

Things I have tried:

• "Connect to suggested WiFi hotspots" has been turned off
    • Home network has been set to "connect automatically" when connecting
    • Hotspot networks have been "forgotten" in the WiFi settings
    Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Sakura2628, May 30, 2019
  3. automatic wifi connection on startup

Hi Shaun,

Being unable to connect automatically to the internet upon starting your system may
    occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. To rectify such concern, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for internet connection issues.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 30, 2019
  4. Machtyn Win User

Automatic wifi connection at boot up

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Automatic wifi connection at boot up

1. Automatic wifi connection at boot up - Similar Threads - Automatic wifi connection

2. Wifi not connecting on boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not connecting on boot up: Hi, having an issue with the WiFi on my Windows 11 Gaming PC. Recently switched from wired to a WiFi connection as I've had to move my system. The issue I'm having is every time I turn the PC on it doesn't auto connect to my home wifi network, even though I've turned on auto...
  3. Wifi not connecting on boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not connecting on boot up: Hi, having an issue with the WiFi on my Windows 11 Gaming PC. Recently switched from wired to a WiFi connection as I've had to move my system. The issue I'm having is every time I turn the PC on it doesn't auto connect to my home wifi network, even though I've turned on auto...
  4. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  5. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  6. WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update: Since the last update W10 will not connect to WiFi automatically. Have to manually connect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-connecting-automatically-on-start-up/ebb556ec-f29b-4336-8b23-6889ebca6979
  7. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  8. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/1e213074-9a86-440c-bd8c-c05292f65025
  9. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...
  10. Win 10 can't connect to wifi automatically after boot up.

Win 10 can't connect to wifi automatically after boot up.: Greeting and salutations My Asus Zenbook UX430 was connecting to my router automatically than it stopped doing it.I've followed every thing I could find on fixing it but to no avail .If I turn off WIFI than turn it back on it connects.But from a boot up it's a no go.Thanks...