Windows 10: Automatic Windows 10 upgrade has deleted my documents folder completely

Discus and support Automatic Windows 10 upgrade has deleted my documents folder completely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 auto upgrade has wiped out my documents folders - very important Do not feel I should have to pay to reinstall when this was not my fault... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoraBoyle, Mar 9, 2021.

1. NoraBoyle Win User

Automatic Windows 10 upgrade has deleted my documents folder completely

Windows 10 auto upgrade has wiped out my documents folders - very important

Do not feel I should have to pay to reinstall when this was not my fault

any suggestions

:)

NoraBoyle, Mar 9, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Automatic Windows 10 upgrade has deleted my documents folder completely :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Automatic Windows 10 upgrade has deleted my documents folder completely :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Mar 9, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Automatic Windows 10 upgrade has deleted my documents folder completely - Similar Threads - Automatic upgrade has

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  5. Documents deleted from Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents deleted from Documents folder: Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-deleted-from-documents-folder/e4820f99-d6b3-4c03-855b-d996b67cb146
  6. My Documents folder has disappeared

My Documents folder has disappeared: Following a recent update I can no longer find or access my "My Documents" folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-folder-has-disappeared/a16e37dd-d2de-4f6d-86e3-eb2e32c5cdd7
  7. Onedrive has moved my Documents folder and deleted the old data

Onedrive has moved my Documents folder and deleted the old data: Two days ago. I had a small problem with my SD drive D: on my Surface Book 2. For some reason I couldn't read it. So I restarted my SB2 and got it back. Before this, I moved my Documents folder to Because of that, I decided to copy not move my Documents to OneDrive. Two...
  8. Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder

Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder: My downloads folder has been automatically deleted for the second time with no warning. ALL the files got deleted except 4 that I will put in the screenshot. Are these files responsible? I have not run disk cleanup recently, nor Ccleaner and storage sense is deactivated on my...
  9. Delete Windows 10 Upgrade Folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete Windows 10 Upgrade Folder?: I have updated to Windows 10 Anniversary so can I delete the Windows 10 Upgrade folder? I did a disk clean thinking it would delete it but did not. 60052
  10. Windows 10 "Documents" folder deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 "Documents" folder deleted: I recently told a friend to update her computer to Windows 10. I thought that it would be a nice change for her, but she started calling me with issues. One issue was that she couldn't locate her Documents. She would open the folder in file explorer, but it would appear...