Windows 10: automatic windows update

Discus and support automatic windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to manually download windows updates on laptop, can some one help me to disable automatic windows update. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IvanPhillips2, Sep 16, 2020.

1. automatic windows update

I want to manually download windows updates on laptop, can some one help me to disable automatic windows update. Thanks

:)

IvanPhillips2, Sep 16, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 16, 2020
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 16, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

automatic windows update

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile automatic windows update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

automatic windows update

1. automatic windows update - Similar Threads - automatic update

2. windows just updated automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows just updated automatically: windows just did an automatic update and restarted my computer 3-4 times. now the computer doesn't recognize my pin and has wiped all saved documents and photos. Can this be corrected...
  3. Can't switch my windows update to automatic

Can't switch my windows update to automatic: So I've recently bought a new pair of headphones and I needed to download an app in microsoft store, I took 4 hours to figure out and download the new version of windows in an attempt to be able to download the app but it said I need to turn on windows update. I've tried...
  4. Questions about Automatic updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about Automatic updates: Hi Guys, If automatic update is set at every 03:00 AM but the PC is off, what will happen? Will it automatically update when it is powered ON the next day? If restart is scheduled during off hours, I suppose it will only download and install. The restart will be done during...
  5. After automatic Windows Update, got a "Kernal Mode Heap Corruption" BSOD, a “kernel...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After automatic Windows Update, got a "Kernal Mode Heap Corruption" BSOD, a “kernel...: Good Morning! After an automatic Windows Update on Monday, Tuesday I got a “Kernal Mode Heap Corruption” BSOD. An Independent Advisor in this forum took a look at my minidumpof the crash and said it was my Avast driver and that I should update Avast. I took the measures...
  6. How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?

How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?: Yesterday a window popped up giving me only two choices, now or in one hour. There was no option to stop it altogether. First of all, I had no proof that it wasn't malware. And while I'd stepped away from my desk, it automatically started the upgrade which forced me to sit...
  7. Why do I automatically enter the BIOS interface to update the BIOS when the update is...

Why do I automatically enter the BIOS interface to update the BIOS when the update is...: can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-automatically-enter-the-bios-interface-to/efc5ccd4-5413-4cf4-a3dd-7cd0f7c906a6
  8. After automatic Windows Update, got a Kernal Mode Heap Corruption BSOD

After automatic Windows Update, got a Kernal Mode Heap Corruption BSOD: Good day! After an automatic Windows Update yesterday, today I got a Kernal Mode Heap Corruption BSOD. At the Blue Screen moment there was just MSWord open and I was navigating the web on Firefox. I have a HP ENVY Phoenix H9 PC model H9 1350 3 years ago I upgrade the...
  9. window 10 update cant changed to "automatic" from "disable"

window 10 update cant changed to "automatic" from "disable": Hi, I have problem with window 10 update for "check for updates". It doesnt work, whenever I tap to check for updates, it will loading forever. It has been two months now since my latest update. I have try many way including changed the setting on "services" from disable to...
  10. How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update: So Im currently on version 1803 and I would like to keep it that way. Unfortunately windows downloaded 1903 and is prompting me to restart in order to install it. How do I delete the update, and prevent it from updating automatically updating in the future? 164314