Windows 10: Automatically being connected to the wrong network

Discus and support Automatically being connected to the wrong network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everytime when my PC boots up or turns on after sleep mode, it's annoying that I have to switch to the proper network.I have 1 internet router. Though,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abdulqadir Aliyev, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Automatically being connected to the wrong network

Everytime when my PC boots up or turns on after sleep mode, it's annoying that I have to switch to the proper network.I have 1 internet router. Though, in the network list, both on my phone and PC, there are 2 networks, both connect to the same internet router that I have. The other network router has some additional text.Now, before, I would connect to the original network. But after, that one wasn't working and I had to connect to the other one, also my internet router.Now, after that, Windows connects me to that one wrong network.Take a look at this example.*These are not the actual network

:)

Abdulqadir Aliyev, Mar 22, 2023

2. Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

To further explain this question, let's start with a comparison between the steps you've outlined vs what I am seeing elsewhere. Your steps do provide the list of wifi networks that I use and are secured. However, when I click on the network symbol on
    the lower right of the desktop screen (sorry, don't know what to call this area), it shows other networks that probably belong to the neighbors. Some of them are checked to 'automatically connect. I don't want to automatically connect to them. How can those
    networks be permanently unchecked for 'automatically connect.' It cannot be permanently done on this list. Thanks, Joyce

JoyceMcDonald0133, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 22, 2023
  4. johnny234 Win User

Automatically being connected to the wrong network

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Automatically being connected to the wrong network

1. Automatically being connected to the wrong network - Similar Threads - Automatically being connected

2. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter being automatically disabled: Network adapter sporadically shows disabled. I click the wifi icon at the bottom of my screen but Bluetooth is first available instead of wifi, as usual. There is no wifi option. I recently started Avast VPN, could that cause this problem?...
  3. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter being automatically disabled: Network adapter sporadically shows disabled. I click the wifi icon at the bottom of my screen but Bluetooth is first available instead of wifi, as usual. There is no wifi option. I recently started Avast VPN, could that cause this problem?...
  4. Network adapter being automatically disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Automatically being connected to the wrong network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically being connected to the wrong network: Everytime when my PC boots up or turns on after sleep mode, it's annoying that I have to switch to the proper network.I have 1 internet router. Though, in the network list, both on my phone and PC, there are 2 networks, both connect to the same internet router that I have....
  6. Automatically being connected to the wrong network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically being connected to the wrong network: Everytime when my PC boots up or turns on after sleep mode, it's annoying that I have to switch to the proper network.I have 1 internet router. Though, in the network list, both on my phone and PC, there are 2 networks, both connect to the same internet router that I have....
  7. network automatically connect wirelessly

network automatically connect wirelessly: I got a new internet service provider. My laptop will not connect wirelessly to my new network. It does work if i plug in the ethernet cable. I have done s troubleshoot, it states 'this computer is set to manually connect to 'Martin' network. How do I get to automatically...
  8. PC automatically connects to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC automatically connects to a network: So I recently moved to a new place and have never bought my PC. However, I have brought my laptop before and its connected to the same microsoft account as my PC. A few days later I brought over my PC and it automatically connected to the new house's WIFI. Is there anything I...
  9. Connect to a WiFi network automatically

Connect to a WiFi network automatically: Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could connect to a WiFi network A automatically even though I'm already connected to another WiFi network B. The thing is, that network A is very unstable but is faster than B, and when A goes down, Windows 10 connects automatically to B....
  10. hidden network automatic connection

hidden network automatic connection: Hi there, I just purchased a small tablet computer and connecting to the wifi at home i notice in addition to my regular wifi network, it is connecting to a hidden network without my permission. I just unchecked the box that said connect automatically to the hidden...