Windows 10: Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

Discus and support Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SW2131, Nov 4, 2021.

1. SW2131 Win User

Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I frequently change between the two headsets depending on my current task. However, it's a minor annoyance to have to manually switch the default microphone when I change recording devices. I was wondering if there's a setting, registry tweak, or third party program that would allow me to automatically switch my recording device when my playback device changes. I am currently on Windows 11 Home, Build 21H2.

:)

SW2131, Nov 4, 2021
  2. G0MGX Win User

Stop Win 10 changing default audio device

Hi

I have a Win 10 Pro PC with multiple audio devices, many are USB audio devices.

Every time I connect a USB audio device to the PC it becomes the default audio recording and playback device - I would like to change this behaviour so that the motherboard audio device is the permanent default recording and playback device and I can then
    select other devices as needed within software apps.

Can this be done?

Thanks muchness!

Mark

G0MGX, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

Set new audio device default for volume mixer in Windows 10

I use two audio devices:

• Default (audio) device "Realtec Digital Output (Optical)"
    • Default communication device "Lautsprecher (Speaker)"

My goal:
    I want to have the default audio volume on my default communication device, instead of the default device - at all times.

What I tried so far:
    Changing the volume mixer to my communication device explicitly works temporary, but as soon as I close the settings window, the default audio volume is reset again to the default audio device.

Step 1: Clicking on volume shows me the default device:

Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio... yhlxC.png

Step 2: Changing the volume mixer to my communication device manually:

Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio... 3mG3F.png

Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio... 1H5Y2.png

Step 3: Clicking again on volume does not keep the change Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio... :(

Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio... aWNeG.png

How can I make it permanent that windows uses my communication device for default volume control?

Simon Ferndriger, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

1. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio... - Similar Threads - Automatically change Default

2. Default audio device resetting to default when system boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default audio device resetting to default when system boots: Headset - Steel series arctis 1 wirelessThe headset has a number of options for audio output chat, gaming, speakersTo allow me to hear people in discord and use them as general sound output it has to be set to speakers headset speakers when booting the system the audio output...
  3. Default audio device resetting to default when system boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default audio device resetting to default when system boots: Headset - Steel series arctis 1 wirelessThe headset has a number of options for audio output chat, gaming, speakersTo allow me to hear people in discord and use them as general sound output it has to be set to speakers headset speakers when booting the system the audio output...
  4. Stop changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  5. Stop changing my default audio device

Stop changing my default audio device: I can't even believe that I have to say this, but if I select a device as the default device on my system - that means I want to use that device as my default audio device.I've disabled all other devices, and every single time I wake my PC or restart I have to reset my...
  6. Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...

Automatically change Default Audio Recording/Input device when the Default Audio...: I currently have a gaming headset w/microphone connected to my PC via USB, and another wireless headset w/microphone connected via Bluetooth. I frequently change between the two headsets depending on my current task. However, it's a minor annoyance to have to manually switch...
  7. Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly: Hello, for starters this issue will only be fixed after a restart and seemingly starts up after I try and alter what my default communication or recording device is. It will then "seek out" for a lack of better terms, a device to set a default leading to my computer's audio...
  8. Default Audio devices keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Audio devices keeps changing: I own a Razer Kraken 7.1 v2, and since i own a new pc sometimes the default audio device changes from my headphones to another (I don't know which because i don't have enough time to see which device it is) for around 0.5-2 seconds. It can be annoying when im watching a movie...
  9. Default Audio Devices keep changing

Default Audio Devices keep changing: Hello! I have desktop soeakers plugged into the line out jack on my pc. I am also using a usb headset. I set my desktop speakers as my default device but everytime I power down or restart windows makes my headset the default. I have tried disabling the headset as well as...
  10. Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device: HelloSo three days ago I wiped all of my drives and installed Windows 10. I have a Corsair Vengenace 2100 headset. I installed the realtek drivers from ASUS download section for my motherboard and then I installed the headset drivers.The problem is that my headset does not...