Windows 10: Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot

Discus and support Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am aware of the guide to change the lock screen background image, in fact I have a customized image. But is there a way to cycle through a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by becritical, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot

I am aware of the guide to change the lock screen background image, in fact I have a customized image.
    But is there a way to cycle through a folder images and change the lock screen image automatically?
    Perhaps using a batch file at every startup so it simply picks the next image in the folder?
    But how to do this from cmd? Or maybe there is an app ?

:)

becritical, Nov 20, 2017

2. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

There is a picture on my WELCOME SCREEN, the screen PRIOR to the LOCK SCREEN that comes up every time I restart my PC. The WELCOME SCREEN also comes up at restart if you have disabled the LOCK SCREEN.

I'd like to remove that picture entirely and replace it with a simple background color.

I can change the LOCK SCREEN background picture easily and change the DESKTOP background as well.

But I can't seem to find where to access the properties for the WELCOME SCREEN. The image on the WELCOME SCREEN only appeared after the anniversary update.

Again, I wish to eliminate the background picture from the WELCOME SCREEN and not from the LOCK SCREEN.

Thank you.

StephenTaggart, Nov 20, 2017
  3. Windows Spotlight not working correctly in my Windows 10 Pro...

Hi Manan,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. However, it will not be showing once you have just booted up your PC. the images will only
    be showing up once you lock your screen. the only option that will show up when you boot up your PC is the welcome screen. For more details on Windows Spotlight, please refer to this

link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Nov 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot

dalchina, Nov 20, 2017
  5. Let's see how that works, because my lock screen is disabled actually, so I would only see any change after I reboot.

becritical, Nov 20, 2017
  6. I have tried that solution but it doesn't work, at every boot I have the same background. My lock screen is disabled so that might have something to do with it. Any other solution?

becritical, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot

1. Automatically change welcome/lock screen background image at each boot - Similar Threads - Automatically change welcome

2. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  3. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image: it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/36ae0fd3-7441-4621-b82d-351bfd133204
  4. Can't change lock screen background image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  6. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change lock screen background image.: I am currently unable to change my lock screen wallpaper. This issue has persisted for over a year now, and windows updates have not been able to fix it. I have been trying to fix this for quite a while now and I can't seem to get it fixed. As of now, I have already...
  7. Can't change lock screen background image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change the WELCOME background, NOT the LOCK screen?: literally what the title says. i want to change the background that says welcome, AFTER i put in my password, NOT the background that shows up when i put in my password....
  9. Welcome Screen Background Image Gone

Welcome Screen Background Image Gone: I just updated to 1607 and that changed everything. One of the things I tried to do was remove the welcome screen. All that ended up doing was removing the background picture, and replacing it with a solid color. [img] This is what it used to look like. I use auto...
  10. Lock screen image on laptop changes each time but not on desktop

Lock screen image on laptop changes each time but not on desktop: Every time I boot or wake from sleep, my laptop displays a cool new image from Bing, presumably, but on my desktop this does not happen - I get the same image every time and I'd like it to change too. I have the Settings... lock screen.. open on both and they both are set...