Windows 10: Automatically close blank pages in Firefox?

Discus and support Automatically close blank pages in Firefox? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way to have Firefox automatically close blank pages/tabs when opened? On some sites when you download a file, it pops open a new blank page... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rivre, Mar 14, 2019.

1. rivre Win User

Automatically close blank pages in Firefox?

Is there a way to have Firefox automatically close blank pages/tabs when opened? On some sites when you download a file, it pops open a new blank page tab. Then I have to manually close the tab which is annoying. You used to be able to do this easily in Tab Mix Plus, but of course now that no longer works in Firefox. Here's a description of what I'm taking about:

https://www.thefreewindows.com/17089...download-file/

:)

rivre, Mar 14, 2019
  2. SheilaO' Win User

Blank White Form Page Appears after closing a program in Windows 10

When I close a program in Windows 10 a white blank screen appears sometimes, not always.

If I go to Task View it shows me that it's a blank Form. I can then close the page by clicking on the upper right X. However, this extra step is annoying. How can I eliminate getting this blank form??

SheilaO', Mar 14, 2019
  3. richar444 Win User
    Print preview shows blank page and prints blank pages from Edge regardless of printer used

This issue is specific to edge only all other browsers work fine, chrome, IE, firefox. The web page does not matter in edge. preview is blank and printer prints blank page. I tried all suggestions i could find with resolution including calling canon tech
    support. Printer canon mg6320

richar444, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Automatically close blank pages in Firefox?

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Automatically close blank pages in Firefox?

1. Automatically close blank pages in Firefox? - Similar Threads - Automatically close blank

2. blank page of security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank page of security: I updated my Windows after resetting PC however I check on my Windows Security it shows only blank screen. Im afraid about this one since I only made a reset and it took me 6 hours for that and I dont want to put my computer at risk again....
  3. blank page of security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blank page of security: I updated my Windows after resetting PC however I check on my Windows Security it shows only blank screen. Im afraid about this one since I only made a reset and it took me 6 hours for that and I dont want to put my computer at risk again....
  4. blank page of security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to automatically delete SELECTED browsing data when Firefox closes

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically delete SELECTED browsing data when Firefox closes: If you do not want to keep your browsing data such as browsing history, cookies, cache, etc., you can automatically delete all or selected browsing data when Firefox closes on Windows 10. Although the in-built options let you auto-delete Firefox browsing data on exit, you can...
  6. Blank Pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Pages: Hp officejet 8030e Laptop - Asus Vivobook OS - Windows 10 Relaced the ink tank in my printer, but I am still unable to print. There is a printing tone, and paper is inserted, but nothing is printed. I'm completely oblivious to what's going on. I've also done a full reset...
  7. Last Page Blank

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last Page Blank: When I print from Windows 10, my printer prints what I want, and always gives me a blank sheet of paper at the end of every print job. Doesn't matter if I print a word, excel, pdf file. I have Windows 7 at home with 3 printers and this doesn't happen. It has got to be a...
  8. Blank pages on microsoft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Blank pages on microsoft.: (please read this before you read the question info!) I need microsoft support because i keep on getting pages on microsoft that show nothing, totally blank and i try to reload the pages on firefox and it leads to a message it says to display this page, firefox must send...
  9. Printing blank pages?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing blank pages?: How do I stop my printer from printing blank pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-blank-pages/c125c49c-5d7a-4ada-89b3-1b7389beca2b
  10. Firefox Keeps Closing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Keeps Closing: The last 2 days FF keeps closing after 1-2mins. I don't even get the crash report now it just closes and upon opening it takes me the restore session. I have done a fresh install of it deleting all known traces of FF and although better it still closes but now maybe...