Windows 10: Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

Discus and support Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm trying to make it so some apps close when a specific app opens because the apps running in background take an accessive amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by randomnewskills, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make it so some apps close when a specific app opens because the apps running in background take an accessive amount of memory on my computer and affect the performance of my computer. I'm thinking of a program that may be on Powershell or a bat file. It would even better if you could close certain apps temporarily until the specific app closes and then they could reopen.

Thanks in advance,

:)

randomnewskills, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 27, 2020
  3. How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?

Hi there,

I'd like to know how I can run a specific file (a single executable that runs in the background by default/AHK script) the moment a specific program launches and close when that app is closed

Windows 10 Pro x64

Kind regards

CntrlAltDel, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Raiksu Win User

Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

Apps closing automatically

It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings.

Raiksu, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

1. Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens - Similar Threads - Automatically close certain

2. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  3. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  4. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps: I recently got a new monitor, and whenever I open or tab out of certain fullscreen apps, the screen goes black for a few seconds.It doesn't happen to every app in fullscreen. For example, when opening / closing minecraft, the screen does go black, but when I open a modded...
  5. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps: I recently got a new monitor, and whenever I open or tab out of certain fullscreen apps, the screen goes black for a few seconds.It doesn't happen to every app in fullscreen. For example, when opening / closing minecraft, the screen does go black, but when I open a modded...
  6. Black screen when opening / closing certain fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Automatically closing and non opening Apps

Automatically closing and non opening Apps: Voice recorder gets closed automatically when I click on record. X Box game bar never opens on clicking it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-closing-and-non-opening-apps/8c0bf1ab-b0d9-451c-b7fe-2080f008718e
  8. Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes: I have some apps that run some background activity and that have a serious toll on how my games perform, and I was wondering if I could automate them closing when I open a certain game and possibly reopen. Thanks submitted by /u/randomnewskills [link] [comments]...
  9. Apps closing automatically

Apps closing automatically: It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings. 54986
  10. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening certain Specific apps: Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows shenanigans but at this point, I am simply stumped! ATM it seems every time I open my torrent client (Qbittorrent) I get a BSOD...