Windows 10: Automatically close certain background programs on battery

Discus and support Automatically close certain background programs on battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm wondering if there is some sort of Windows Powershell script that makes it so when the device is on battery the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by randomnewskills, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Automatically close certain background programs on battery

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is some sort of Windows Powershell script that makes it so when the device is on battery the background processes close and maybe when the device is on AC the processes reopen. I'm wondering if this is possible because I have a lot of processes running in the background that are very power-hungry.

Thanks in advance,

:)

randomnewskills, Jun 27, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Dagget Win User
    Program moves to background automatically

Hey, so I have had this problem from the start. It's a new computer, no upgrades. When I am in a program, Windows will automatically move that program to the background.
    It happens in different ways;
    --it's like an automatic alt-tab program switch
    --program is minimized so desktop comes up or
    --the program stays up but control is lost (essentially the program is moved to the background).
    It is not me, I will be typing and poof, I'm typing in another program or I get dings meaning you can't do that. It's not a program I'm using, it happens with every program. Firefox, mail, games (especially annoying) and even the calculator. Any ideas?

ps oh and it's seems random. It doesn't happen at a certain time of day or after a prolonged period of use. Sometimes its multiple times an hour and sometimes it won't happen that day.

Dagget, Jun 27, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Automatically close certain background programs on battery

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Automatically close certain background programs on battery :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Automatically close certain background programs on battery

1. Automatically close certain background programs on battery - Similar Threads - Automatically close certain

2. Programs closing automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs closing automatically: Hi,I need your help programs keep closing on my PC. I've done tons of research, checked my ssd and HDD sectors. All are healthhy. Done Scan on my command prompt. Sometimes the programs run fine somethimes they don't. Right now I can't even pull up a notepad because it just...
  3. Opening and Closing Programs at Night Automatically.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening and Closing Programs at Night Automatically.: Hi there. I run a ServerPC 24/7 in my home and I use it in the day for GameServers. At night It's on and serving no function so I thought it might be fun to run a Bitcoin Miner on it at night only. How would I make my NiceHash Mining Program Open at Midnight and Close at 8AM....
  4. Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.

Task Manager not showing programs and closing automatically.: Help, I have looked online for every single video or blog talking about the topic. My computer works fine, it hasn't seemed to slow down or anything, but one thing causes me a lot of trouble, my Task Manager does not work, once you click it, it opens and shows "No running...
  5. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  6. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  7. Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?

Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?: Has anyone noticed this recently? I have a handful of programs, none of which are related, that no longer run automatically at startup. I'm wondering if a recent update did something. submitted by /u/grizzlypass [link] [comments]...
  8. programs closing automatically after being idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs closing automatically after being idle: I have been told there is a setting to change within Windows 10 to stop programs that we keep open from automatically closing after they have been idle for a while. Can someone walk me through these settings?...
  9. Certain programs closes without any errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs closes without any errors: Hi So I'm having this extremely annoying issue in windows 10. Applications like Discord, Steam and Uplay are closing randomly without any errors, both when closing and in event viewer. I have tried doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and Edu 1803/1709/1703...
  10. Program moves to background automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Program moves to background automatically: Hey, so I have had this problem from the start. It's a new computer, no upgrades. When I am in a program, Windows will automatically move that program to the background. It happens in different ways; --it's like an automatic alt-tab program switch --program is minimized...