Windows 10: automatically connect to office server

Discus and support automatically connect to office server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve looked through many posts on network connecting but perhaps just don’t know what to search for. I just changed the system specs form to describe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndyHw10f, Feb 11, 2020.

1. AndyHw10f Win User

automatically connect to office server

I’ve looked through many posts on network connecting but perhaps just don’t know what to search for.

I just changed the system specs form to describe this work computer that I’m trying to fix.

A few days ago, I followed the forum instructions on how to update from Win7 to Win10.
    Version 1909 build 18363.592

Under Win7 the PC automatically connected to the office server (via ethernet) so that the entry/update programs installed on the PC can use the customer files on the server (client programed in MS Access).

After updating to Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool, the system no longer automatically connects to the server.

The Access program gives an error message about service being interrupted but it is most likely not very relevant as the program probably doesn’t really know what is going on.

Via a shortcut on the desktop, I can access the server files directly. Now, if I click on the shortcut, I get a sign-on screen where I can enter ID and password.

Then I restart the Access program which now loads its files, and everything works normally. The credentials used are the same ones I use to sign onto the PC to begin with. Checking the “Remember my credentials” box accomplishes nothing for the next time I get onto the PC.

I suspect the problem came about when, right after updating to Win10, I went into the Settings/Privacy section and made things as private as I know how, without thinking that this PC might need to be different than my home PC. I most likely changed some settings elsewhere too. However, I have not been able to find any setting or combination of settings which changes this situation.

There are some peculiar messages which are shown here.

automatically connect to office server [​IMG]

The first is the message in the sign-on screen I get when I click on the desktop shortcut to access the server files. It is shown in red. It is incorrect. Once I put in the ID and password it immediately displays the desired files in a Windows Explorer like window.

automatically connect to office server [​IMG]

The second message is what I get by looking at the shortcut Properties. When I request Properties, hey are opened displaying the Shortcut tab. If I click on any other tab, I get the message shown in the second attachment. The message is incorrect, the path is correct. If I click on the Open File Location button on the Shortcut tab, I get the sign-on screen as shown on the first attachment. Entering ID and password gives me the files.

:)

AndyHw10f, Feb 11, 2020

2. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Thema:

1. automatically connect to office server - Similar Threads - automatically connect office

2. Unable to set date and time automatically due to server connection timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set date and time automatically due to server connection timeout: I'm trying to set my time automatically on my laptop and I keep getting an error that it can't connect to time servers due to a connection timeout. I've tried on different networks and still get the same error. Is there a simple fix? I also get this while trying to sync to...
  3. Unable to set date and time automatically due to server connection timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set date and time automatically due to server connection timeout: I'm trying to set my time automatically on my laptop and I keep getting an error that it can't connect to time servers due to a connection timeout. I've tried on different networks and still get the same error. Is there a simple fix? I also get this while trying to sync to...
  4. Windows Terminal Server office licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Terminal Server office licensing: Hi,Can someone please help me with the below concern.I have a customer who wants to migrate their Windows Terminal Server services from Windows Server 2008R2 version to 2016 and I have a question about the licensing of Office for this terminal services. I want to know which...
  5. Server connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server connection: Good morning!My computer is telling me that it can not connect to the Microsoft server.My wifi is connected but I still have no connection to update my operating system as well.Do I by a chance have a network adapter issue?...
  6. Microsoft office automatically installed

Microsoft office automatically installed: Hey, I opened my file explorer to see that some 5-6 GB worth files were installed onto my C drive. It was 19 GB till yesterday, when suddenly it's showing me 13 GB now, without me installing anything new. Then after I checked in the control panel, it was showing that...
  7. WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS server Cannot connect to 'server': Hi , In my WSUS server after windows OS patch and reboot When trying to connect I get the error " Cannot connect to 'server' Please make sure the Post-Installation task is completed successfully in that server. If it was please verify if the server is using another port or...
  8. Server connectivity

Server connectivity: I have been having the server connectivity problem where it says that it is blocked. I didnt had this issue last month but this one doesnt let me play forza horizon 4 online. I followed all the steps when I click the "more information button" it fixed it temporarily but it...
  9. How do i connect to my office networked server

How do i connect to my office networked server: I currently use Microsoft Surface 3 with windows 10. I am struggling to connect to my office networked server. I receives feedback that "Windows cannot access \\server". I need help 128719
  10. Using a Server connected laptop away from office (how to download)

Using a Server connected laptop away from office (how to download): Hello there, have few people computer setup to our network however sometiems on the road they need to be able to use them. they can login to there network login as its cached however downloads are unviewable as I guess there stored so they can't be viewable unless connected...