Windows 10: automatically connecting on all available connections

Discus and support automatically connecting on all available connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I turn off automatically connecting on all available on all of the wireless connects listed from opening action center wirelecc connection?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by polyBF, Mar 3, 2020.

1. polyBF Win User

automatically connecting on all available connections

How can I turn off automatically connecting on all available on all of the wireless connects listed from opening action center wirelecc connection? All wireless connections in my general area show up? I do not want this. When I randomly checked or opened the connect bubble, the connect automatically had a check it in and it is not my wireless connection.

:)

polyBF, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Machtyn Win User

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Not connected - no connections are available

Hi,

Being unable to connect automatically to the Internet may occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. We suggest that you forget the network and re-connect to it afterwards. You may also refer to the steps listed in the article below:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Fix Wi-Fi problems in Windows 10

Update us if the information above addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 3, 2020
  4. automatically connecting on all available connections

automatic wifi connection on startup

Hi Shaun,

Being unable to connect automatically to the internet upon starting your system may
    occur due to outdated or incompatible network adapter driver. To rectify such concern, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for internet connection issues.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

automatically connecting on all available connections

1. automatically connecting on all available connections - Similar Threads - automatically connecting available

2. Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.: By default, my device only connects to the router in my house, and that's fine.But what is NOT fine, is that no matter what I do 'automatically connect' should NOT be connected to any of the other networks.The ONLY network it should connect to, period, is BJBXNONE of the...
  3. Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.: By default, my device only connects to the router in my house, and that's fine.But what is NOT fine, is that no matter what I do 'automatically connect' should NOT be connected to any of the other networks.The ONLY network it should connect to, period, is BJBXNONE of the...
  4. Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All of my available wifi networks have "connect automatically" ticked and will not untick.

in Windows 10 Customization
    All of my available wifi networks have "connect automatically" ticked and will not untick.: All of my available wifi networks have "connect automatically" ticked. When I untick them they immediately revert to being ticked. These are the available networks - not ones I have accessed with the password. I can see that this is an issue that many users have.I don't care...
  6. All of my available wifi networks have "connect automatically" ticked and will not untick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my available wifi networks have "connect automatically" ticked and will not untick.: All of my available wifi networks have "connect automatically" ticked. When I untick them they immediately revert to being ticked. These are the available networks - not ones I have accessed with the password. I can see that this is an issue that many users have.I don't care...
  7. All of my available wifi networks have "connect automatically" ticked and will not untick.

8. No connections available

No connections available: For a few days I have not been able to access the Internet. I have rebooted my PCl at least four times a day since it happened, in case it eventually fixes itself. I have Ethernet to USB C network adapters, but it doesn't even detect them. Yes, I have administrator access on...
  9. Not connected - connections are available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not connected - connections are available: Network and Internet settings say I'm not connected ... but I am connected, using internet and sending/receiving email. WiFi working on other devices. Any clues?...
  10. No connections are available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No connections are available: For about 6 days I've been unable to access the internet. I've restarted my laptop at least twice a day ever since it happened, in case it would fix itself eventually. I've tried updating the network drivers several times, but all of them have failed. I downloaded drivers...