Windows 10: Automatically defragment

Discus and support Automatically defragment in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Does windows 10 automatically defrag your hard drive ? And also how many do you need to defrag your hard drive per week? 113938 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mikelferdinan, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Automatically defragment

Does windows 10 automatically defrag your hard drive ?
    And also how many do you need to defrag your hard drive per week?

:)

mikelferdinan, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Automatic defrag

Hi Walter,

To set an automatic defragmentation on Windows 10, follow these simple steps:

• Go to
      Control panel
      and change the view to
      Small icons.

• Chose
      Administrative Tools.

• Click on
      Defragment and Optimize Drives.

• Under
      Scheduled optimization, click
      Change settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Automatic defrag

Thank you. I had already done that. The problem is that the resulting menu only gives the opportunity of selecting Daily, Weekly or Monthly and the drives, but there is no way of entering that I want to defrag (for example) every Thursday at 2 pm. It is
    the ability to schedule the defrag so specifically that I am looking for.

Walter Seaton, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Automatically defragment

Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Automatically defragment

1. Automatically defragment - Similar Threads - Automatically defragment

2. How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.: I retore to a stable configuration and stop Updates, but Maintenance just installs them on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-automatic-maintenance-in-windows/341209ec-efc9-4c95-b602-e0f823845b72
  3. How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 11.: I retore to a stable configuration and stop Updates, but Maintenance just installs them on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-automatic-maintenance-in-windows/341209ec-efc9-4c95-b602-e0f823845b72
  4. Windows crashed - Preparing Automatic Repair Failed

Windows crashed - Preparing Automatic Repair Failed: Message Shown on screen after failed repairing:F:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-crashed-preparing-automatic-repair-failed/07a6d588-2f5d-4b41-acd6-742868524b31
  5. Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...: Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a restart after 5 min. Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performed-a-successful-defrag-of-windows-11-c/fc7d26ca-9682-4d41-b82e-d1547bdaf648
  6. Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...

Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a...: Performed a successful defrag of Windows 11 C drive. Now it automatically calls for a restart after 5 min. Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performed-a-successful-defrag-of-windows-11-c/fc7d26ca-9682-4d41-b82e-d1547bdaf648
  7. does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?: I have a bunch of fragmented files and folders on my external hard drive which has several partitions, if I move these files to another partition do they get defragged in the process or will the files remain fragmented?I am using veracrypt on all of these partitions so I...
  8. does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?: I have a bunch of fragmented files and folders on my external hard drive which has several partitions, if I move these files to another partition do they get defragged in the process or will the files remain fragmented?I am using veracrypt on all of these partitions so I...
  9. does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Automatic disk defrag every 5 minutes when idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic disk defrag every 5 minutes when idle: Every time i leave my computer idle for 5 minutes, disk defragmenting starts acting up. It never did this on Windows 7, and its very annoying. This causes my fan to speed up and it stays that way until i give it some input. I always put my computer to sleep when I'm done...